Brainfog With Dizziness & Nausea

roxie

I know a lot of POTS patients have brainfog & I do too. Sometimes I feel like I can't think or retain & concentrate

on anything.

Something I also have is that when I read or really do anything beside laying back with my eyes closed is getting real dizzy & nauseas

Do you guys too? Can anything be done about it!

Yes to brainfog, lack of concentration and dizziness. Reading or any activity requiring eye focus makes all this worse. No nausea here, although I think it often goes with dizziness. The only thing that helps me is to lay down. I also feel somewhat better after my morning dose of coffee, but things steadily get worse as the day goes and the more tired I get. This is my most challenging symptom. If I could get rid of the dizziness I think I could handle all of the other POTS symptoms. Wish there were answers for us.

I take a medication called Cerefolin NAC for brain fog, it was prescribed to me by Dr. Grubb. It is a prescription strength of some combination of vitamins and it is a actually a drug used for Alzheimers patients. Unfortunately most insurance companies do not cover it, I did ask why but I can't remember and it is $60 a month, but I will say that I cannot function without it. It is a huge help! I do still get brain fog but not nearly as bad as I used to. In fact, my bf can tell if I haven't taken it because I am searching for words, screwing up words, just not really making sense when I speak without it.

I cannot say enough good things about this medication and I have had no side effects.

http://www.pamlab.com/Products,Cerefolin

Count me in! Awful nausea & dizziness when I read. Luckily not all the time but it seems more & more lately. All I can look at are magazines and invariably after a few pages I give up. There are so many novels I want to be reading!

Stace - I take Deplin, made by the same lab, and my dr has given me cerefolin before when he's been out of deplin samples. I had no idea cerefolin was for memory... how cool!! maybe he'll let me switch back to test out the memory part. I believe they're both very "clean" supplements & won't mess with other meds.