Is It Dangerous To Caffeine?

lieze

I eat healthfully most of the time, but I love to drink a little Coca Cola and have some Chocolate. I eat no gluten so it is important to also have some FUN. :P Everyone is different. It bothers some people to have even a little caffeine. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't drink coffee though, so I don't get that much.

I HAVE to drink one cup of coffee a day. Without it I feel lousy and really feel it helps the pre-syncope, lightheadedness and fatigue!

Caffeine is one of the standard treatments to help bring up BP, especially when it's naturally lower in the mornings. The only reason it could be dangerous is if one ingested too much or if you have a history of being very sensitive to stimulants. It's a good question for your doctor.

Nina

I just remembered--the nurse when I had my TiltTT gave me a cup of coffee while I was laying there (shaking like a leaf) after the test. It helped tremendously--even though it was lousy coffee;=) My impression was they gave this to all TTT patients post testing.

Guest tearose

Caffeine is good as long as you monitor that you are not becoming tolerant to it. The way to avoid this is to come off it every once in awhile and then go back to it again. You can try tea, coffee or take the tablets and cut them.

I treat caffeine as a medication and use caution.

It does help me raise my bp.