Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

willows

Hello to you all after such a long time off the forums..........yes, its Willows and I am still alive and biting the heels of the world.

I've been very unwell lately with a number of problems , one being internal bleeding which had to be sorted quickly and so I was seen by a very nice doctor at the hospital who discovered way up inside of me ( it felt like at least two foot or more!) that I had two haemorrhoids which had been bleeding rather a lot , or so they thought at the time .

So innocent me agreed to a procedure called 'Banding' in which small rubber bands are applied to the base of the veins in order to cut off the blood supply letting the tissue die and the vein to nicely fall off. What this doctor didn't say was that 'normally' you have a local applied to the area, something she did not do ...........and so hubby was called into the room after I went a lighter shade of pale, grey lipped, sweating and almost hit the floor after she had finished.

I then had to walk out of the consultants room and get into our car, something that I will remember for a long time .

Anyhow , the outcome of this was that I am still bleeding from somewhere higher up and following some poking and prodding about a largish lump has been found at almost the base of my stomach ( about the size of a very large egg) this is not a hernia and so further investigations are being arranged as I write.

I was supposed to have had my whole intestines checked out a few weeks ago but as the doctor , yep....... that same one as before , had forgotten my Pots and so just arranged a normal empty your system and away we go with our cameras on a broom handle type thing !!!!!...........she also forgot that getting dehydrated brings on a 'Wing-Dinger' of a Pots attack and I had to cancel the procedure a day before Christmas.

Next thing is I have now been diagnosed with 'Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy' .....blimey what a long name, basically it means I could die of heart failure as I have damage to the walls or some part of my heart ....add it to the list is all I can say !!!

Having had heart failure in the past I know the signs and symptoms so this doesn't worry me , if I worried about all the things I had wrong I'd spend my days sitting in a chair looking depressed all the time, mind you I am getting more and more worried about my new lump, who by the way I'm calling

Sir Lancelot as he (it had to be a him as most males are annoying at times) seems to be growing and causing some interference with my ability to eat (see a male all over)and as for the excruciating pains ...........well at least with this amount of pain I know I'm still alive !!!

So, as it stands I'm now waiting for my new date and will hopefully find out what Sir Lancelot is and what he's up to in the next week or so .

By for now, keep your chins up and remember to smile at the world........it keeps people wondering what your up to !!!!!

Love to all Willows ( Ami ) xxxxxxxxxx

Good to see you back on the forum but am so sorry to hear of all your new "adventures". Sounds awful!! Please keep us posted on what you find out. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!!!