Weird Episode

babettess

Hi all,

I just had the weirdest episode and need your input.

Hubby woke me up in the middle of the night(for me)as he had to ask a question before he left for work. I got up and suddenly was very nauseated, my vision was going black, heart rate increased and my hands and the back of my head got icy cold. The icy feeling is brand new. The other symptoms I haven't had in a cluster like that and that bad for a long time. Any ideas? I felt really good for me when I went to bed so am surprised by this.

Thanks,

Babette

I have not had anything that drastic but have also felt so out of it during the night that I do not feel like I can move or get up or do anything without collapse.

We've had a couple incidents where a child woke in the night and I felt as if I could not budge.

Also some mornings I have stumbled around not able to focus or really see almost staggering.

It almost felt like low blood sugar but after about 10 minutes of this I start waking up.

When I was really exhausted with babies there were times when my husband would try to wake me up for sex and this was the worst.

It hurt to wake up, my head would hurt, I would get the nausea and I was usually feeling irate.

I don't think I have ever been normal this way.

Thanks, Lieze. This was definitely weird and different than most of my issues. The icy feeling was really strange. Hope u have a great day.

Babette

I've had the weird cold sensation before. It wasn't over my entire head, it just felt like a little stream of cold water running down the back of my head. I was also experiencing tingling in my scalp at the same time.

I usually only get the nausea, shaking and tunnel vision when bp is getting high. If it happens again take your bp. It could be dropping or spiking.

Thanks. I do have hyper pots so my bp could have been up. I took my atenolol early and went back to sleep and woke up at normal time and the strange feelings were gone. I never feel good when I first wake up and it is especially bad when I get woke up in the middle of the night. I set my alarm for 20 minutes early so I can try to get awake before I have to actually get out of bed. Today when I got woke up I got right up and my body sure didn't like it.

The cold sensation was so strange but as you described it. Our bodies are so unique.

Have a good day!

Babette

Sounds like it had to do with being suddenly awakened out of a deep sleep. Like everybody else said I also feel very weird when I first wake up -- just really out there, REALLY REALLY tired and sort of a drunk feeling. It takes lots of coffee and about an hour before I start to feel more functional. I know my blood pressure drops very low when I sleep and wonder if this is why. Have you taken your BP when you first wake up? Maybe there is a clue there. Also just wanted to mention my POTS began with episodes of --just as I was falling asleep, a sudden sensation of spinning, nausea, chest pain and racing heart, followed by gasping for air. It is scary when new episodes start to take place-- hopefully this was a one time thing.

Hi all,

I just had the weirdest episode and need your input.

Hubby woke me up in the middle of the night(for me)as he had to ask a question before he left for work. I got up and suddenly was very nauseated, my vision was going black, heart rate increased and my hands and the back of my head got icy cold. The icy feeling is brand new. The other symptoms I haven't had in a cluster like that and that bad for a long time. Any ideas? I felt really good for me when I went to bed so am surprised by this.

Thanks,

Babette

I have that feeling all the time. I just call them my rush feelings and I get them all the time. In fact I had the same thing happen this morning. It like your whole system freaks out all at once.

I have problems when I wake up suddenly (such as someone waking me up or from my alarm clock). If I wake up on my own, the problems are usually fewer but not always.

I have also been getting the "icy" feeling that you describe. I can't pinpoint what brings them on but I have felt it in my chest which has radiated down both arms (but no where else). Other times I can feel it in my head. Just today I felt it in my hands...almost a burning sensation, but no where else. Oh and my face felt to be on fire a week or so ago. All of these are new but I just attribute them to Dys. Thank God they are very brief. I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Thanks everyone. I didn't have as bad of a day as I expected. Thank goodness. I have rested all day and the feelings didn't return. Just the typical palpitations, tachycardia, chest pain, tinnitus, presycope- you all know what typical is for us.

The icy feeling was so strange. I can't imagine what was going on in my body to feel that way.

Have a good evening everyone!

Babette