Feet Cold & Painful

gertie

I have similar symptoms. Do you have any discoloration of your feet? I have small fiber neuropathy and my feet are often red and hot in the summer, but my toes get blue-purplish in the winter. I have very sensitive skin, but it's more sensitive in summer. and I often can't wear much clothing because the skin on my arms, face, legs, even mouth burns. Oddly enough, I've found that wearing compression hose actually helps this burning pain in my legs and feet. Also I wear SmartWool socks. They are extremely breathable (although the burning gets worse at night and I usually can't wear anything on my feet at night). I've struggled off and on with frostbite/perniosis and the SmartWools really seem to keep it at bay. They're expensive ($10-20/pair), and I wear them til there are so many holes that they fall off my feet.

I finally tried a heating pad for my 14 year old son when his feet pain becomes severe. He refused to try it at first but once he tried the heating pad he admitted the heating pad really helps him. He said it helps his feet not throb and tingle as much. It might be worth trying.

I finally tried a heating pad for my 14 year old son when his feet pain becomes severe. He refused to try it at first but once he tried the heating pad he admitted the heating pad really helps him. He said it helps his feet not throb and tingle as much. It might be worth trying.

My 15 yr old son also has A LOT of trouble with his feet. Everything from burning, tingling, pain. They turn blue, the rest of him can be burning hot but his feet feel like ice to me. I put a heating pad on them once and he howled in pain (like warming up frostbite too quickly, I think). Then next time I put a warm heating pad over his ankles (I think it warmed the blood circulating through his feet) and he said that helped, and even next to his feet under a blanket made them feel warmer.

Sometimes his feet hurt and tingle he "dances in discomfort" to the couch.

Ask your doctor to learn about Lipoic Acid Supreme. Find a doc. that knows how much you need for neuropathy if he thinks that is it. I had problems with my feet and my doctor told me to take it. I am fine now. Google Lipoic Acid. It is given to diabetics and others with this problem. Just learn about it and ask your doctor to see if it can help you also.

Thanks everybody. I looked up ALA but if I remember correctly it said it might lower blood glucose levels. I'm hypoglycemic so I didn't try the ALA. I am trying Gabapentin which I also take for migraines & it does seem to help. I also noticed that when I get upset or stressed the pain & burning get worse.