Does Anyone Get Multiple Infections And Viruses At Once?

lissy

Well it started as having a bad month of weird episodes (adrenal surges) then came menses and then New Years Eve a cold virus /respiratory infection!!!...and it doesn't stop there my abscess tooth started again and possible yeast infection this is all going on at once and driving me nuts!! I go to the doc tomorrow to talk about this surges which I called last week to schedule before all this other stuff started and now my doc is going to be pulling her hair out 2morrow with all my problems. I have only seen this doctor 3 times in the past year and every time I go I have many issues going on.

Is this pretty common amoungst us medical outcasts?

Hoping one med can take care of all these problems (infections)

I am so drained I wish I had the normal health issues that most get...:(

cross your fingers for me for some easy relief

Lissy

Lissy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to cope with so much right now. The multiple-infection-thing has only happened to me once. My illness was aggravated when I was assessed for dysautonomia, then I over-worked for six weeks, taking on a second full-time workload while my director was on holidays - then I caught a nausea/vomiting bug, which turned into a chest infection, then laryngitis, then a tooth abscess, then sinusitis, then conjunctivitis, then tonsilitis (which recurred at least twice).

My health degenerated really rapidly with each infection, and I made the mistake of continuing to work - I had perfect faith that I would recover with two weeks of bedrest, but it didn't turn out that way. The trouble is that my levels of endurance are so high that I have always been able to carry impossible workloads and keep going no matter how I felt. By the time I took time out to rest, it was like trying to turn around the Titanic - it took around 18 months to get my dysautonomia under control again and to recover my functioning.

I'd really recommend that you do everything possible to contain the infections, and to manage your dysautonomia as intensively as possible - avoid anything that aggravates your dysautonomia right now and do everything you know to soothe it. I also hope that you see a dentist asap to deal with the tooth abscess - I now see my dentist twice every year so that problems can be caught and addressed as early as possible (even before I know they're there).

Good luck with your appointment!

With best wishes

Dianne

THANKFULLY, I have not had problems with infections. I too go to the dentist at least twice a year, more if I think there is a problem.

I take CoQ10 and many supplements to keep my body as healthy as possible. Also, I take supplements like AHCC, C, Maitake mushroom drops, Vit. D3 drops and Thymic Protein powder.

I support by body with everything it needs to stave off infections or at least heal quickly. My doctor guides me with it all with a schedule of supplements three times a day.

OK, everyone thanks for replies I have to have my tooth pulled tomorrow and I'm terrified!!!!! What is the BEST numbing med for US??? I hope I hear some input on here before 2morrow I am so worried something will go wrong....I am also going to have the pheo test done sometime this week all this stress and infection and meds I hope don't affect the test, does anyone know???

I am in extreme panic

Lissy

OK, everyone thanks for replies I have to have my tooth pulled tomorrow and I'm terrified!!!!! What is the BEST numbing med for US??? I hope I hear some input on here before 2morrow I am so worried something will go wrong....I am also going to have the pheo test done sometime this week all this stress and infection and meds I hope don't affect the test, does anyone know???

I am in extreme panic

Lissy

Hi Lissy! Not to worry...I just had a filling and was so scared due to the whole process and getting the anesthesia. What you need is lidocaine without epinephrine. Just let your dentist know that you have Dysautonmia and you need lidocaine without epi. You will do fine but I certainly hope you get better with all that's going on. And yes...your stress can affect the pheo test so you might want to post pone it. Here ya go: http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/urine_metanephrine/test.html

Lissy-

I feel you pain? Did you say that you had epstein barr virus? When it activated again (they think i have had previous infections), everything under the sun came on me. I have severe allergies i have never had before, diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, reoccurring sinus infections.. i feel like the human target for anything sickly that comes near me!

you need to make sure you REST, REST, REST! overdoing it even in the slightest will set me far back. It sounds like an immune system problem. I am going to start taking LDN next week again.