Anyone Use Magnifying Makeup Mirror

gertie

This may not be the place to post this question but I bought a 8X magnifying mirror as a gift for a family member. When I got it I looked in the magnifying side & before I knew what was happening my vision became distorted/fuzzy, it felt like my eyes crossed & it triggered a migraine. I thought something was wrong with mirror but DH said it was ok, it didn't effect his vision. I was going to order me a new mirror also but after this episode I'm afraid to. If anyone uses a makeup mirror would you share with me the kind you have & if you have any problem seeing in it. Thanks.

My eye doctor told me this is a possible effect when you look in a mirror.

It was in reference to an incident I had where one pupil dilated and the other stayed constricted. They could never find anything wrong with me that caused this and I did go to an ophthalmologist and was checked out thoroughly.

My optometrist however begged me please though if it happened again to come in and let him see it. He said he's seen some bizarre things in his life but never that. It was when he told me about the affect a mirror can have if you only view it with one eye I think is how he described it.

You know you have me thinking now because at times I think my sunglasses mess with me. I don't normally have too much visual disturbance but especially if I have smudges on my sunglasses I think they do especially when I'm moving in the car.

I have wondered if I would do better with a different pair of glasses and I know that sounds totally bizarre to blame it on the glasses.

You know you have me thinking now because at times I think my sunglasses mess with me. I don't normally have too much visual disturbance but especially if I have smudges on my sunglasses I think they do especially when I'm moving in the car.

I have wondered if I would do better with a different pair of glasses and I know that sounds totally bizarre to blame it on the glasses.

Actually, the glasses may be to blame. I absolutely can NOT wear the high-impact, polycarbonate lenses. They distort my vision--big time!! I'll get nauseated just looking through them. Fish tanks cause the same thing. I'll get this strange, vertigo/sick feeling. Plain, old acrylic lenses are the only ones that I can wear. The UV film on my sunglasses sometimes makes me dizzy too, it causes this strange, aura-like effect depending on the lighting. B)

Thanks firewatcher, I think you have just answered more questions I've had for years as to why I have a problem with sunglasses.

If you find a really good technician at an eyeglasses store, they will tell you that some people are overly sensitive to the lenses, their brains just won't make the adjustment needed to tolerate the lenses. I can even tell if there is a flaw in the acrylic. Most people don't see anything, but I guess I'm special <_< .

I have a really great make up mirror. I can't remember the magnification but it is HIGH. I LOVE IT. I can see TEENY things that get in my eye. It is great. One time, I got a little bug in my eye and could not see anything, I didn't have my mirror then. My stugpid opthomologist was rude and told me to wait until morning. Was probably just scratched! WELL, I had several tiny WINGS in my eye all night. NO sleep, cried all night and at the eye doc office. I had bad scratches for a few days. I now can see things like that if it happes again. That is my eye story, ha. LOVE the good mirrors nowdays.