Suffering With Bronchitis

gdomaracki

For about a week and a half now, I have been dealing with a nasty bought of bronchitis. The past few days have been absolutely horrible and I'm becoming desperate for relief. I've been using a vaporizer, cough drops, lots of fluids, and I just started doxycycline (antibiotic). I'm still wheezing horribly and coughing up green mucus. I'm going to call into the doctor's office tomorrow for an inhaler, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with this and what helped them. I hate to have to try an inhaler or maybe a nebulizer treatment because it will more than likely make my heart race but I really am having trouble breathing. Is there any less side effects with a nebulizer treatment? Thank you for all your help. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!! :)

muellein oil has been a godsend... there are lots of good brands

available-- i put 40 drops in a 2 oz of warm water and drink. it has a rather unpleasant taste--

but gasping is far more unpleasant... loosens secretions and seems to calm my lungs.

sending healthful wishes your way.

best, cordelia

I have asthma and deal with wheezing often. I can't tolerate albuterol or xopenex, but I do use a steroid inhaler. You could try one for 4 or 5 days to get you over the worst part of the cold. I use Pulmicort and have no heart racing issues with it.