Im Back!

icesktr189

So I have been feeling horrible since birth, and i found out i have chronic Esptein barr virus..I think its been going on for the past couple months, but test results showed longer. I am crossing my fingers that it goes into remission.

Now the next issue is my chronic sinus problems. They have been almost a year.. the symptoms go:

very painful in nasal cavity and ears. hurts to clean out with a q tip.

very dizzy

all this pressure

im going to an ENT and they are doing allergy testing. but i had someone suggest that i have candida overload.. is this real? I have heard both sides, and quite frankly i dont want to go on that strick diet for no reason, especially with POTS. please help! I feel like a mess :/

I do believe that there can be a yeast overload. I also believe that diet may be a key to health and possible help for POTS especially if the immune system is involved. I recently found out that my immuno globulins are very low. In looking up autoimmune issues I found an article on a little girl who was having to use steroids and all kinds of meds, but who changed her diet and got off of glutten, sugar and milk and now she no longer has the autoimmune issues. These things would be good for yeast issues too. The EBV virus was the first thing that was suspected in me with the POTS symptoms - I did have a long run virus when I was a child and believe that this illness is where the majority of my problems started. So, maybe you have found a possible clue to why and what. I know the diet is hard - my husband and I have just started on it ourselves. I'm hoping this will help me be able to bring my immune system back on line and not have to resort to extreme measures and meds. If you can PM Dana, she and her husband are doing a Canadida Cleanse and diet that sounds really promising - I havent heard how they are doing on it, but it should improve anyones health.

Issie

know nothing about candida... however, had chronic sinus issues for several years; long term antibiotics did not help much.

then i tried nasal cleansing: neti pot /saline solution with a drop of betadine. after a few days, there was real improvement.

after a few weeks: normal functioning sinuses. i did/do nasal cleansing 2 x daily.

healthful wishes,

cordelia

That's good advice about the neti pot. It can help clear the sinus and has been found to be as effective as antibiotic treatments (according to alternative info - I've read). I've not heard of using betadine in it (and if you have an iodine allergy or allergic to shell fish - be careful with this) but have heard of using sea salt in it. That could be real healing to the sinus. Hope you get relief soon.

I'm so sorry you feel so lousy! I do believe Candida overgrowth can be a very real thing. If you do have an overgrowth it can definately contribute to your symptoms. Your PCP can test your candida antibodies - there's even a blood test for this (though it's not the most accurate way to test). The candida diet is difficult, but it's worth it. It's good to hear that you are going to an ENT and getting allergy testing done. DO you have any known allergies? Allergies and chronic sinus infections seem to go hand and hand. It sounds like your immune system can use all the help it could get. You know, all those things we're supposed to be doing for ourselves: getting enough sleep, having a good diet, avoiding our allergens, decreasing our stress...(it's so hard to do what we know we're supposed to do - ug!) I hope that you are able to find some relief! Let us know how you're doing...

I'm skeptical of the Candida bit. If you go that route, make sure you have a PCP test you, not a nutritionist from a health store.

The Neti pot is WONDERFUL! I had to have my sinuses scraped, and after that I still have to go on antibiotics more than I like, but that's probably because I don't use the Neti pot as regularly as I should. Someone on this board told me to use it as hot and salty as I could tolerate. Great advice!