Midodrine

Nikki

My family doctor and neurologist both think it would be a good idea for me to try Midodrine. I was wondering what other experiences people had taking this. I'm just a little nervous about it because along with having low blood pressure, I also get spikes in it. The family doctor said that could happen on it. I'm still willing to give it a shot since they seem to think it's worth a try, I just don't want to make anything worse..

It's definately worth a shot! Your doctors don't seem to be worried about the possible spikes and it's a short acting medicine so if you don't like it for any reason you can just stop taking it. I know it's helped me have more upright time with noticablly less pooling in my legs.

You can also start at a lower does...I think they have it in 2.5mg or you can split a 5mg tab just to see what it does to your blood pressure.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

So far no BP spikes here on Midodrine. I take 5 MG three times a day. It has improved my BP's, not sure I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel though. Odd side effects ... scalp itching that I can hardly stand and chills. Not sure it's the drug for me. This is my 2nd trial of it.

Brye