Does Anyone Else Have Days Where They Sleep All Day?

abetterjulie

I am kind of the opposite. I NEVER sleep in the daytime--I couldn't if I tried. I've been like that for 20 years. Even as bad as I sleep at night, when I wake in the morning, I don't ever get sleepy until I take my Xanax at bedtime. Of course, that doesn't mean I am not tired all day, I just don't get sleepy.

Yes! About one day a week or so I have what I call a 'bed day'. I get up around 6:30-7 am, stay up until 11 or right after lunch, and then nap for a couple hours. I come downstairs long enough to eat something, then it's back to bed. I do read for a couple of hours while I'm in bed, but other than that, I'm sleeping. It's the only thing that's comfortable when I'm dealing with a lot of pain and too much fatigue.

You are not alone!

In the beginning, I was exhausted. I had trouble getting out of bed and spent half the day sleeping, but I also found myself tossing and turning at night. I was exhausted, but I never felt rested. I can recall being too tired to take a bath or even comb my hair. I still have disabling POTS symptoms that make it hard to function normally, but fatigue is no longer a major symptom. I sleep a regular 8 hours/ night and feel well rested. I also spend 2 hours exercising/ day. I wanted to give you some hope that things may improve over time and that yes, your symptoms sound familiar. Now if I could only get rid of the PAIN, dizziness, blurry vision, and brain fog. :unsure:

I have a TERRIBLE time with fatigue. I have 4 kids or I probably would sleep all day but I drag myself around all day long. There are so many causes for my fatigue ... 4 kids, medication side effects, POTS, vit D deficient, and did I mention 4 kids? It even impacts my memory at times. I had 2 visits to the doctor because it had become so severe I was running stoplights and had totally lost my memory. One was the vit D deficiency and the other was mono. I also have a lot of bradycardia with rates down in the 30's that I feel may contribute. I may give a pacemaker a try to see if that helps. I'm contemplating that one right now. It's been recommended by several cardiologists now as possibly helpful. My primary diagnosis is POTS and besides the fainting that's my worst symptom. If anyone has anything that has helped them please share!! It's hard to explain to others just how tired I really am. All my friends are tired because of the kid responsibility but It's just hard to explain the fatigue. I feel your pain though and hope you get your rest and find something that works for you!!

Brye

During the past week, I have slept 17+ hours for four of those days. I tend to get up for about 2 hours go back to bed for 6-7 hours, get up for 3-5 hours, and then go to bed for the night. I always sleep soundly regardless how many hours I sleep. Plus, I always have a hard time waking up regardless if I've slept 3 hours or 17 hours.

In addition to POTS, I also suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia so I don't know if one or all of these disorders are contributing to my hypersomnia. I mentioned the hypersomnia and difficulty awakening to my neurologist, but she had no explanation for its occurrence or methods to combat it.

Since being diagnosed with autonomic neuropathy, this is the first time that I have slept this much in such a short time. It is worrisome, though since joining this support group, I realize it is not all that uncommon. Luckily, I am retired and have no children at home. I don't know what I would do if I had to work or take care of others. Just trying to minimally take care of myself is exhausting enough!

The next appointment with my neurologist is Oct. 7th. I plan to discuss this symptom with her again and will share any info that is helpful.

Bev Ray