Waking Up?

Nikki

I don't know if this is related to dysautonomia or what..But it has been happening to me for awhile and I wondered if anyone else experiences this. I've noticed lately that sometimes I'll wake up and feel fine..Then I'll decide to sleep a little longer and I'll wake up again, and feel so dizzy and kind of spinny. There's no real pattern to it, and the times can be different but I just don't understand it. Today for example, I woke up at 6:00. I felt pretty good. I was still tired though, so I fell back asleep until going for 9:00. When I woke up then I was so so dizzy. I was thinking to myself I should've just stayed awake earlier and maybe I'd still be feeling okay. This happens fairly often to me and I was just curious if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and if so, is there a reason this would happen?

It can also happen because in some of us, fluids shift and pool the longer we are horizontal. You have to find your balance.

I understand how frustrating it can be to not get a good night sleep or get up early and be tired and yet POTS symptoms may not be as flared as mornings when you get restorative sleep.

Hydration and Caffeine remedy this for some. You need to get adequate sleep, if you can't get the extra three hours maybe you need to nap?

best regards,

tearose

I have noticed this too. I have been waking up between 4 and 5am this whole past week when normally I wake up around 7 or 8. I do feel less Potsy -- a bit less dizzy and more focused at 4 or 5am. I force myself to go back to sleep however because I would be way too tired to function all day if I actually got up that early -- and then I feel worse on the next waking. There is something about those early wakenings that feel more natural to my body than the usual way I wake up, like a nice normal transition from sleep to awake. Normally when I wake up I feel my heart working very hard, my chest squeezing, my head so dizzy and groggy and then I stumble down the stairs in an almost drunken stupor desperate to get some coffee in me to relieve the weirdness in my head. Not sure if this is similar to what you are experiencing?

I have noticed this too. I have been waking up between 4 and 5am this whole past week when normally I wake up around 7 or 8. I do feel less Potsy -- a bit less dizzy and more focused at 4 or 5am. I force myself to go back to sleep however because I would be way too tired to function all day ...

my head so dizzy and groggy and then I stumble down the stairs in an almost drunken stupor desperate to get some coffee in me to relieve the weirdness in my head. Not sure if this is similar to what you are experiencing?

You described today's morning for me to a tee. Did not feel too bad when I let the cat out at 5, back for a little more sleep - at 7 I was slurring my words begging for coffee - couldn't lift my head off the pillow or even lift the cup - needed a straw.

It is so hard dealing with the unpredicatability of all this nonsense!