Ssri'S

Which SSRI's help with your symptoms? I used Effexor years ago and had no problems. I tried it again recently and had to stop after two days due to side effects. Weird because I don't recall having those issues before: chest tightness, extreme fatigue, stomach upset. Celexa works great but after 3 - 6 weeks it feels like it eats a hole in my stomach and I have to stop.

Which SSRI's have helped your symptoms?

Hi. Lexapro eased my night-time respiratory symptoms and chest discomfort during an exacerbation of my illness last year, but it was accompanied by chronic insomnia, tinnitis and stomach soreness - I lasted 6 weeks on it.

I recently tried it again, this time to see if it might help my cognitive functioning which always takes a knock after a bit of a crisis - I'd been feeling pretty good overall, but I'd been sitting in front of my computer at work staring at the screen, unable to make sense of any of my work, and unable to write a briefing (I work in health policy - I'm supposed to spend my days writing briefings).

This time I began with 1/4 tablet (2.5mg) every second morning. I had a fantastic result really quickly - my head cleared, I felt alert, I was productive at work, heck, I could write a briefing - but I only lasted a week before I was floored by the stomach soreness again. I'm taking a break until my stomach heals up (yep, I also feel as though a hole has been punched in my innards), then I'll try again with the same dose but accompanied by a zantac to see whether that might stop the stomach soreness.

I'll let you know how it goes.

With best wishes

Dianne

For me, Celexa may have been helping my POTS symptoms but it significantly aggravated the chronic pain trouble I have had for years. Remeron and Cymbalta seemed to worsen POTS dramatically, particularly tachycardia and bp drops. However, at least one person I email with who has severe POTS as well seems to have been helped by Cymbalta. It probably depends on what is causing the POTS in the first place for each individual. Good luck with this, and let us know if something works for you!

I know this topic has been written about a couple of times before, so you may want to do a search on 'SSRI'. I've been on Paxil for about 10 years, and it certainly has helped me. I had to start on 5 mg, went to 10, and am now maintaining on 15 mg but I also take Clonazepam to help with anxiety and sleeplessness. The combo is just right for me, but we're all different, so you will probably have to do some experimenting to see what helps you out the most. Just start slow and give the drug enough time to work....

Good luck & cheers,

Jana

Hi - I'm reporting back as promised on my Lexapro trial. I discontinued it today. Combined with Zantac it no longer gave me stomach soreness, but it made me hyper-alert. I've not slept for almost two days, and I'm feeling very jittery. I'm glad I tried it again, but even a miniscule amount caused adverse effects for me. Just another to add to the list of medicines I don't tolerate. I am filled with wonder that anyone is able to take a daily dose of any drug at all.....

Dianne