Custom Exercise Routine

maggie

I just finished working with an exercise physiologist from our local hospital cardio rehab and am so pleased to inform others that this was such a good experience. It only took three sessions with this person, one to go over my medical records, and two exercise sessions to see what I was capable of. Now she has written up my own personal exercise routine, short term and long term. If I run into difficulties I can just call and make another appointment and go over what my needs are. If any of you are having difficulties in this area I would highly recommend looking for this type of degree to help you as well.

Maggie

I'm so happy that this seems to be working for you so far. Having a routine at home is so much more convenient than having to travel back and forth, especially for those of us who can't drive.

Keep us posted on how it's going! Good job for being creative to get your needs met.

Cheers,

Jana

So happy for you!!!!

I found out I could do more and increase my strength - the hard way. When I had to use my arms to roll a wheel chair and stand on only one leg (because of breaking the other foot/leg) and use my arms to hold onto a walker etc. etc. etc. It made me really happy to learn that I could get stronger. I'm able to swim when my husband can help me get out - Still don't have enough leg strength to get up the stairs. Getting in isn't a problem - SPLASH. Now, my hubby is working on a plan that I can do either sitting or lying to continue in my progress. Our bodies are made to move - we will feel better in the long run if we do what we're meant to do. We have to take baby steps - maybe - baby, baby steps. But, I'm learning it's worth the effort.

So glad you found a good exercise program. I also agree that our bodies were made to move. I think that if we can stay conditioned it might help keep the POTs at bay.

I have found a similar program. It's a cardiac rehab maintenance class through the hospital. There is an exercise physiologist who helps out and sets up a program for each individual. It's been very helpful. I'm so much stronger than I used to be! Hope your work outs are helpful to you!!

Brye