Hi Everyone!!

icesktr189

I FINALLY GOT INTERNET! :)

well i found out im anemic.. again. LOL go figure.. however i am trying to explain this thing i have with POTS to my new cardiologist. i have had this happen a TON of times, just never knew what it is called.

here are the symptoms:

heart racing (obviously lol), my skin hurts.. almost like pins and needs but more hurting type (hard to explain), get very cold and have adreneline surges (ice cold feeling all in my body that shoots), dizzy and cant see straight, vertigo, feel like i am going to vomit, and eventually i freak out from it enough it some times turns into a panic attack. i knew i over did it today but i was not feeling too bad before this hit. is there a name for this? also i was not passing out.. this actually started when i was laying down from running up stairs.. thanks again for reading! :)

Dani

I agree with Issie - it sounds as though a good endocrinologist might be able to understand this better than a cardiologist.

Re the anaemia - I develop anaemia every time my illness worsens. Anaemia can have many different causes, so it needs to be properly investigated, but I think that there is an 'Anaemia of Dysautonomia' that is experienced by many of us - a version of the anaemia of chronic disease.

My anaemia can't be fixed by just throwing iron at it, in fact this generally makes me much sicker. To resolve my anaemia I have to stop whatever has aggravated my illness (eg exercise, overwork, a new medication), go onto bedrest for a couple of weeks, do all the things that soothe my illness and take a really low dose of the most gentle organic iron.

Good luck and best wishes

Dianne

Dani, it sounds like symptoms of neuropathy. Why don't you go see the neurologist in phoenix, that is treating me. I just had a bout with anemia too. Turns out I'm missing almost all of my Igg and Igm immungloblins that help your body fight off things. It's called hypogammaglobulinemia or CVID common variable immune deficiency, and guess what else autoimmune conditions almost always accompany it. So, that explains the autoimmune autonomic small fiber neuorpathy. It is also treatable, have my second round of treatment on monday and wednesday. I haven't posted about it yet, because, I wanted to wait until the treatment is at full effect at the 3 month mark. He does a real good job of screening for underlying cause. PM me if you want more info. Also my cardio is up on dysautonomia, because of me and she is in mesa, if you don't get anywhere with your new cardio.

How are you managing all this with a new baby on board? Hope your loving your special little blessing and the baby is giving you strength to keep on fighting. I'm here if you need me.