Please Help

kayjay

Hello all, I hope you are well. I have not been on the computer for a while so I feel a little out of touch. I just got back from the Mayo Clinic in rochester. This visit was more helpful than my first ...but they tested me again and after flying home I had a bad flare.

Two days ago I was feeling better and I took my children out to lunch. It was a pretty healthy day... but that night I was laying in bed reading and I had a new symptom. I felt my heart take off, felt my face burn, heard rushing in my ears, and lost my sight.

I have lost my vision with almost fainting. THIS was not like that at all. I was not moving and had been laying down for about 20 min.

Does anyone have any ideas? I wish this happened before I went to mayo. Now I am afraid to drive. Any advise would be welcomed! Thank you Kayjay

Wow Kayjay,

I'm sorry to hear about your scary episode that you had.

I have a lot of strange sensations but can't report a vision loss and I can see why this would be scary for you.

I guess my grandma used to experience vision loss from migraine?

Not sure it's the same thing though.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

All I can offer is I have had a similar (and short-lived) symptom a couple of times, both having been sitting still for a period of time preceding it. Sudden feeling of heart doing something WRONG, rising feeling in chest, into neck, weird sensation in ears/partial hearing loss, felt like I was about to lose vision and black out (which I have never done), got up and walked around to jolt my heartrate back to normal. It worked, but I had the phone in my hand about to dial 911.

I have had something similar happen to me. My heart just felt funny and my face felt like it was burning. Th weird whooshing in my ears like I was in a tunnel travelling very fast. I didn't completely lose my sight though it did seem like I lost my peripheral vision. It was one of my first symptoms while walking or standing. I have had it once while laying down trying to go to sleep. My ENT and neurologist told me that it was lack of blood flow to the brain. I only passed out 1 time from it. I have only had it happen twice since taking clonidine. I take more medicine and try to just lie down and relax. Oh I also cough. For some reason the coughing seems to regulate my heart a little or at least get more oxygen to my brain. It usually passes after about 5-10 min. I hope you start to feel better. I understand how scary these particular episodes are. Good luck with the drs and I hope you feel better.