2200 Pac's In 24 Hours.....

So I wore a halter last month for 24 hours. Not sure why they wanted me to do this but oh well. Anyways they caught 2200 PAC's in 24 hours. I actually felt pretty good the day that I wore it. I would hate to see what one of my bad days was. Does 2200 seem kinda high to anyone else?

I have talked to other's who have 10,000+ a day and from what they have told me unless you have heart disease or structural heart issues they will not decrease your life span and are harmless in a structurally normal heart nor do they wear out your heart. I get them but not nearly as many, a few a day is bad enough for me I can't imagine getting that many but I feel everyone I get not sure if you feel yours or not. At 2200 in a 24 hour period you probably are so used to them that you don't feel them as much.

just to back up what other have said, i've been told that they are more of an annoyance than anything else in an otherwise healthy heart. My cardiologist told me that unless 1/3 of all my beats were like this, she wouldn't treat me for this, as the treatment and its side effects are worse than thee original problem. At times, I get up to 10 a minute, or one every 6-10 beats. They are worse around my period or if I'm worn down. MAgnesium helps some people. With that number, you are getting about 100/hour, or 2/minute?

Although PACs can feel uncomfortable, they are benign. 2,200 sounds like a lot, but consider the total nunber of heart beats you have in a 24 hour period. It is probably well over 100,000. The 2,200 PACs probably make up less than 2% of your total heart beats.

Rachel

like I said earlier. This day I did not notice them. If I am around my period they feel horrible. I believe that they originate in the sinus node. I wonder if they just go hand and hand with POTS since it originates in the sinus node as well. My EP said let me know if they get worse. I am trying to come of my BB right now so he warned me that they probably would.