Favorite Flowers

gertie

Do you have a favorite flower arrangement you send to friends funerals? This is always hard for me to decide so I usually send roses just because I can't think of anything else. I guess this is a morbid question. Seems I'm always disappointed when I see the arrangement the florist sends. For the money we pay I feel they should be special.

Maybe it's just the florist we go to, but usually they do a wonderful job of putting together nice arrangements for funerals. Typically they just ask how much you want to spend and if you want a fresh arrangement or a plant to be sent. Depending on the person, roses may or may not be the right flower to send. I know of a friend of mine that actually hates roses. If you haven't been happy with the arrangements your florist provides, if you have other florist in your area, try them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so sorry that I missed this as my mom passed this month also. I hope that you will be able to somehow find comfort that your friend in now amoung the,"team of angels now." I'm sure she is ; ) right down upon you. May you know what ever you do for a family grieving they are so touched by any act of kindness from a casserole, a donation to a chariety, a lending hand to help get the home and yard ready, help planning a memorial, cards, prayers, an email, phone call, a PM from special friend and community support. People from the past who you forgot about amaze you when they show up. It is a time when you find out who your true friends are.

We were very blessed by friends who helped give my mom the best Celebration of Life I have ever been to. I'm still grieving as we just had her Celebration of Life last Thursday. This has brought me so close to all I love and to the Heavenly Father that I was close to already.

What a story a life has to tell and teach to all of those they touch.

Never be afraid to reach out to anyone grieving or of doing the wrong thing. Death is not something you can catch. It is also something people need to talk about. My mom's death taught my children that we need to make plans about what I want when the time comes. They held me up as I could not even stand to read what I wanted to say to my mom. She knows, a little birdie told me so.

xxx's

~bellamia~*