Questionable Ingredient In Gatorade?

yogini

I know so many of us drink Gatorade. Yesterday somone at work told me he gave up drinking Mountain Dew and Sprite because of BVO - a chemical substance banned over 100 countries. He said it's also in Gatorade and most colored beverages to stop them from looking cloudy. Doesn't sound too appetizing! Have any of you heard about this? Wondering if it's real or just paranoia!

Here is an article:

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1999/ju...y-do-soda-comp/

I know so many of us drink Gatorade. Yesterday somone at work told me he gave up drinking Mountain Dew and Sprite because of BVO - a chemical substance banned over 100 countries. He said it's also in Gatorade and most colored beverages to stop them from looking cloudy. Doesn't sound too appetizing! Have any of you heard about this? Wondering if it's real or just paranoia!

Here is an article:

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1999/ju...y-do-soda-comp/

I try to stay away from ingredients I can't pronounce. I ask myself, did God make this ? :rolleyes: I don't think BVO would qualify... Scary!!! I prefer iced green tea by the gallon. I make it with organic tea bags in purified water.

You are right. I didn't care so much until getting sick and then cleared a lot of prepackaged foods out of my diet...but something like Gatorade I didn't think was so bad, especially since it is "recommended by doctors" for POTS. Thank goodness I switched to broth years ago and don't drink Gatorade that much anymore. Now I don't want to drink it ever again! :rolleyes:

Edited by yogini