Chest Pain

mvdula

Today, while sitting & talking in a group of moms - in my own house, had probably been sitting there at least 30 mins when this happened, I started to get chest pain - it started and got worse and subsided in probably 5-10 minutes or so. I was not doing anything but sitting and talking (I talk all the time, and it does not bother me). It was weird, and came on at my usual 'spell' time - about 11am. I was drinking coffee - which I usually do (only a little bc it's iced and it's more cream than coffee). At the same time, I started to get uncomfortable down there, like crampy, urgency, like I needed to BM......but the chest pain made me way more nervous than the BM feeling. I had a general urgent, revvy feeling overall too. I just sat there and continued (and rested back in my chair a bit - didnt go to the bathroom) until it passed. I have had these feelings before together (tho this chest pain was nastier than usual I think). It doesn't make sense to me that bowels & chest are so connected though. Wouldn't I have chest pain only if my digestive trouble were higher up, i.e. my stomach, indigestion, heartburn, etc?? Can anyone share their experience or theory?

Well this would have been my guess, but I Google everything.

: Does Coffee Cause Heartburn - Why Does Coffee Cause Heartburn - Agonist Learning Center

http://agonist.org/Learning-Center/heartbu...eheartburn.html

Another thing that comes to mind is esophageal spasms. I used to have them all the time.

till I was put on cardizem ed. Now my doc is watching for the breakthrough chest pains

that come with exertion.

I also when in doubt I check it out. I hope all is well. I've made many trips to the er by route of

my doctor just to make sure, as woman can present a heart attack differently than a man.

Telling Heartburn From Heart Attack Can Be Tricky - Heart Disease and Other Cardiovascular Conditions on MedicineNet.com

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art...rticlekey=99993

bellamia

Thanks, bellamia. You may be right about this..........could be heartburn - I did have a little more than usual today too - that could have been why it doesn't always cause it - I don't usually finish my small serving. But the bowel urgency and all-over revved up/urgency is still a question. I guess the coffee/caffeine effect could have hit me at the same time causing me to need to go and feel all revved up. I guess this SENSITIVE system thing is really true and I need to be more carfeul. It just freaks me out - as I posted about the other night and my *unprovoked* weakness spell, I worry that no matter what I do, I will have these weird and very scary symptoms in the middle of various activities. I would prefer to have control over them, at least!

Oh, and I have had countless EKG's, a holter monitor, an implantable loop recorder, and an echo stress test a couple years ago. All were fine....so as much as chest pain makes me very nervous, I try to remind myself I have had this checked out many times by good Drs......

I forgot to add that coffee always kicks in and moves my irritable bowels. You know like that first cup in the morning. ; )

Bellamia~*

I didn't read all the posts, but read your initial first post, and I know for sure backed up gas can make you feel terrible----and also cause the chest pain.

Sometimes it feels like my chest has dropped into my gut-----my bowels give me significant problems, and they shift around a lot on occasion giving me this very uneasy feeling.

Caffeine bothers me to-----I wished it didn't. One the one hand it perks me up from brain fog, and gives me energy, but it causes palpitations.

Why do our bodies have to be so dang sensitive.

This isn't fair.

I hope you're feeling better.

Big Hug..

Maxine :0)