Advice On Dental Procedures & Post

I'm going to the dentist on Monday to have a filling repaired. I know I've read about POTS patients and dental procedures, particularly with anesthesia. I found one article about it online but its an article from a medical journal & I found it hard to understand. Does anyone have any experience with this? I printed out a section from that article to give to my dentist but that's as far as I could get by myself. Any experience would be appreciated :angry: Thanks in advance!

That's OK. Dyslexia is probably somehow related to STOP too. We all knew what you meant to say :angry:

I had the same question about a year ago and was advised to stay away from novocaine because the epinephrine would likely raise my heart rate. Fortunately, my dentist was familiar with POTS (blew my mind) and had lidocaine containing no epinephrine, which worked well enough to numb the area.

I also refrained from taking nitrous oxide gas because my brain was already scrambled enough from all my meds and I was concerned of the possible interactions. Good luck.

I had had dental work for years w/ no problem. After my POTS started (didn't know I had POTS yet, just various symptoms came up and this was one of them), I started to feel funny after the novocaine injection. My knees tingled, just felt weird and panicky overall. I just wrote it off as anxiety since it subsided after a few minutes. I finally read about this after finding out about POTS. I just asked my dentist if he could give me the Novocaine minus whatever type of adrenaline-type agent that is usually in it. He does that now, and I have no problems. Just recently had a filling, and no problems. Hope this helps.