Weakness? At Certain Times Of Day?

mvdula

I posted about this in another thread just now, but thought I'd start a new topic:

Last night, about 1am (I know, staying up too late), right as I was about to go to bed, I got a sudden weak episode. I went up to bed and was in/out of sleep for a couple hrs before I started to actually sleep soundly. During this time, I feel like I am just very weak/dying. It happens very suddenly and often happens if I am up too late. My heart was not racing or pounding at all.

This also tends to happen (it varies in degree) around the same time of day (tho not every day, yay!)....maybe btwn 10am-2pm.

So, between 10am-2pm and 10pm to 2am (those are just approximate) I am prone to these weak spells. I can bring one on by doing exertion also or major emotional stress, but at those times of day, they can come on w/o provocation. Some are mild, some are severe - and I am REALLY scared by them - I do feel my body is just literally going to stop. Also, some have the racy/wired feeling w/ the weakness; sometimes just the weakness and dead feeling. I think someone (can't remember who, sorry!) said she felt like she couldnt get up and run out of the house if it was on fire. That's how I feel.

I have also had heat intolerance, but last summer was much better/almost gone.

I have had morning cortisol on the low end of normal a couple years back, but my stim test I passed w/ flying colors.

Doesn't this sound like some sort of cortisol issue though? It seems like that now to me because it is triggered by stress, or by a certain time of day (weird cortisol cycle??)

My hormones also affect my symptoms, and I do NOT have dizziness.

Any thoughts? Anyone w/ similar symptoms and any light you can shed on role of cortisol/treatment?

I too have the unexplained weakness and when it happens it's around the same time periods.

In the afternoon around 3:00 and around 3:00 in the morning. I feel like I'm coming down

with a virus or something and feel weak and sweaty and miserable. Mostly when I have over done things or during my time of the month. I have had low cortisol levels in my tests also.

Even when I have this in the middle of the night I wake up in the morning expecting to feel sick

and I'm fine. It's very strange. I've wondered if it is like a low blood sugar thing.

Tracy

I feel like a huge bus has run over me repeatedly from when I get up in the morning around 6 through about 8 am. I'm still moving pretty slow until 9. Then I'm better through lunch, with a nap around 1:30. The rest of the day I'm tired, but not like the mornings!

I have this all the time when dozing off to sleep. For a long time I figured it was related to the brain stem syndrome/compression my geneticist discussed with me along with the orthopedic surgeon. I'm still not sure, but it does seem logical. But recently we found low cortisol levels, but not that low--------so I'm not sure what the heck to think. I really don't think it has anything to do with cortisol.

When I get that "coma" feeling it sometimes jerks me out of my sleep, but I also get a rapid pulsating in the back of my head near the area where my instability is between my neck and head, but feels more in the lower brain.

I don't think there's any point in bringing this up to the neurologist, as they don't listen to anything I have to say regarding brain stem issues. He's follwing some brain lesions, but he did order some more blood work.

Maybe there's something else they're missing with you mvdula. Stress also triggers this severe weakness to come on----emotional of physical. It's like a switch going off, and this is what prompted to neurologist to do the blood work----I'm not optimistic that any answers will come from the blood work. I'm still wondering why my PCP, or no one at the hospital where I had my thoracic spine MRI told me about the lesions on my liver. I know I had a cyst for years, but this MRI report said several lesions spotted---most likely hepatic cysts. No phone call...

My neurologist looked at my thoracic spine MRI, and asked if I had digestive problems. I said I always have. then I aksed him if he was referring to the liver lesions, and he said yes. He asked if any of my docs suggested doing an ultrasound of my liver? With my brother dying of colon cancer that spread to his LIVER just a year ago, and my mother two years before that, I would have thought my PCP would have at least called me about this. IDIOTS! I'm scared, and just want someone to help me. I called the cleveland clinic, and there's a nurse in their GI dept. who is meeting with their top GI doc.

I get sudden weakness on and off throughout the day-----again I always figured it was part of the upper spine compression. Heat is also a factor, and I've never been one to handle it well, but after POTS crash it's been much worse. On the way to the Cleveland Clinic Monday the sun was coming through the car window. The air conditioning was on because the car was hot in 70 degress----but the sun felt liked it sucked the life out of me. I thought the sun was supposed to feel like it was GIVING you life.

Maybe it's some kind of autonomic storm your having. Maybe get this checked into further.

Maxine:0)