Just Foung Out

Don't know if it's affecting my POTS but it sure is adding injury to insult!

Like it's not bad enough just having POTS, I need this. Grrrrrr.

When will it ever end? I have to have a laproscopic (sp). surgery in two weeks to check for endometriosis as well. At the same time he will take a biopsy, and do a D&C. I have sooo much pain with my periods. And there is a 25% chance of this being, or turning cancerous.

Ugggg....kill me now.

Man it ***** being a 46 year old woman.

Sorry to hear you're going through this, it is a difficult thing to live with on a daily basis.

I had surgery in 2005 and found out I have severe chronic endometriosis and adenomyosis - so a double whammy where the tissue grows not only outside but inside too - which is SO painful I can't explain. My gyno basically took out the lining of my uterus except a thin layer hoping it wouldn't grow back - that worked for about 4 months. I couldn't have a hysterectomy because my insurance at the time (BCBS) wouldn't let me have one unless it was cancer, which thankfully it wasn't because I wasn't going back in for another surgery after them telling me I was approved for one and telling the dr no.

He told me I had contractions like in the last stage of childbirth, I was given 2 - 750 mg Vicodin [sp] 3 times a day daily...um yeah I didn't take it - no way I could ever function even on 1 of them. On top of looking like I'm 6 mths pregnant all the time due to Adenomyosis, I had hundreds of polyps removed, which didn't help with the pain and symptoms.

Mine wasn't cancerous and I really hope yours isn't either, although they did caution me that it could later on if the lining grew back turn into it. Last year I had a genetic test for breast and endometrial cancer, luckily my insurance now covered it since it was part of my yearly exam and it came back 0.0% chance.

Hope you feel better and get through the procedure quickly and pain free - take the meds if you can, it will help with the symptoms...I kick myself daily now dealing with female pain and no meds on top of everything else.

I'm so sorry that you're having to suffer through this. Know that there are a bunch of people on the forum that care, and are sending you positive thoughts and well wishes! Please keep us informed.

I'm so sorry that you have endometrial hyperplasia. I went through this also and my last bleeding was brought on from florinef. Have you started florinef lately? (as the body breaks it down as estrogen ) I had a hard time with the hormones that they put me on as it flared my Pots and landed me in the hospital.

I'm ok now and need to be check again in the fall if I don't start bleeding once again.

I hope and pray all is well for you. Make sure they check your ferritin levels as mine had dropped to 4 and really needed a blood transfusion. I finally had to get transferred to a hospital in Boston where with my Cardio who lined up a Dr for the anesthesia (not a nurse) and a top CA doctor who were all on the same page due to my vitals being so unstable.

Wishing you the best of luck.

xxx's

Bellamia~

Thanks everyone. I'm actually looking forward, in a way, to getting this done. At least the severe period pains will be gone.

Imt, wow adenomyosis! I've never even heard of that. Wouldn't be surprised if I had it.

Bella, I haven't been on florinef for a long time. i did try it a year or so ago, but it really didn't help. Just made my B/P go too high.

Thanks all for your kind words.

Thanks everyone. I'm actually looking forward, in a way, to getting this done. At least the severe period pains will be gone.

Imt, wow adenomyosis! I've never even heard of that. Wouldn't be surprised if I had it.

Bella, I haven't been on florinef for a long time. i did try it a year or so ago, but it really didn't help. Just made my B/P go too high.

Thanks all for your kind words.

I've had female problems since my early 20's and never heard of it until I was dx'd. They will most likely check for adenomyosis in your tissue they send to the lab; along with confirming anything else they find

Adenomyosis is uterine thickening that occurs when endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, moves into the outer muscular walls of the uterus and the uterus may increase to double or triple its normal size. It can be quite painful, only curable by hysterectomy or menopause [crosses my fingers for the change to hurry up!]