Mosquito Bites - Very Random Question

Well, Easter was just so beautiful I had to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather with my family. Sadly, the mosquitoes were enjoying the nice weather, and plethora of puddles from the recent rain. Said mosquitoes also enjoyed me, and I got 10 bites on my legs (who knew they bit through nylons...)

My question is this... do you guys swell up a TON from mosquito bites? I was getting quarter to half-dollar sized welts.

Happy Easter to everyone.

Sara

I think my reactions to mosquito bites are completely abnormal.

The first time I really got bitten after being sick, I didn't treat them with anything and either a doctor or dentist or both commented on them.

If I don't treat mine with powerful steroid cream, I get an absolutely enormous lump (about 1.5" diameter and raised about .25") and it itches terribly. I think I've also needed to use Benadryl ...

No, I don't. Usually I can barely tell I have been bitten. I also rarely get bitten by mosquitoes, they don't seem to like me near as much as they like to chew on my mom, ex-boyfriend, brother, ect. However, I have bad reactions to gnat bites-- they swell up and create hard little lumps like mosquito bites do on most people.

Sorry you got chewed up, I hope you are feeling better. I always rub a little of my steroid cream (for eczema) on my younger brother when he is chewed up. Don't worry, his doc approves!

my oldest daughter used to have major reactions to everything outside - ants, mosquitios etc there was this benedryl roll on jel pen wayyyy back when that worked wonders for her so I'm not sure if it's still around, but I carried one in purse car house, then when she went to school she had one in the clinic and class.

when my brain wakes up I'll try to find if they still have it :o