Hormones

gertie

I am way past menopause but can't take estrogen because it triggers migraines, seizures & heart palps. Anyone here tried testosterone to see if it made Dys. symptoms better or worse?

I should have read Erik's post earlier. It answers most of my questions. Thanks.

I use a very low dose (.1mg) of a compounded testosterone cream. I am 33 years old and had a partial hysterectomy 3.5 years ago. So even though I still have my ovaries and my hormones are supposedly ok, my testosterone levels are extremely low and I was complaining about ZERO sex drive. It does help with that. I can't say it helps my dys symptoms. I do have a prescription for a low dose estrogen patch to take just around my 'period' to see if it helps with symptoms but i haven't yet.

Thanks! I tried the bio identical hormones & some things they helped & some things like migraines & seizures they made worse. As far as symptoms going away it has not been the case for me. I've had Dys for about 25 yrs & there are times I feel better but then it comes back full blast. I am happy for those who can take hormones.

I take bioidentical hormones with testosterone, estrogen and progesterone in it. Then I have an estrogen cream for just before and during my periods. I am in premenopause. The hormones help significantly!! I'd be a basket case or in the hospital every time my body decided to have a period if I wasn't on them.