So Tired And More Symptomatic

carinara

Hello everybody,

for the last 4-6 weeks i felt sooooo very tired on top of all the other symptoms.

When i started a tiny dosis of H1 blocker last november i noticed that i got tired much

quicker then usual. Now suddendly this tiredness got much worse and i have no clue if its because

of the weather, the H1 blocker or a combination of both. The other thing i changed is, that i

started to drink gatorade about 4 weeks ago....can gatorade make one tired??????

I have about 7 hours sleep every night (i go to bed at 9.30 and my alarm clock wakes me

up at 5.30 in the morning)

It seems as if i never really wake up 100%. My symptoms are worse at the moment anyway and this

tiredness on top of it makes me feel very weak. Its very hard for me to get through my 5 hours

work day at the moment. Sometimes it just feels as if my body shuts down on me.

When i get home i normally dont have a nap because if i do, i feel much worse afterwards. As soon

as i get too relaxed or sleep for even a minute it seems as if my body needs at least an hour or more

to adjust again after wakening up. Thats why i rather stay awake until i go to bed in the evening.

Yesterday after work i was so weak and tired that i couldnt help myself falling asleep for about 10

minutes at my parents house. When i woke up a noticed that i felt much better and i felt better

for the rest oft the afternoon and evening. I had a good night sleep and when i woke up this

morning i felt so bad again and so tired. At work all i wanted to do is just close my eyes, but

i cant of course.

I have also noticed that sometimes when i wake up i do feel better and not tired but if i go

back to sleep (like on the weekends) for another 30 minutes and i wake up, i feel like i

was hit by a bus... I feel so tired and my symptoms are worse then for the rest of the day...

I dont get what is going on there at the moment. I was planning on going off the H1 Blocker

as soon as i have some days off work, just to see if it helps, or should i stop the gatorade

Thank you all for listening.

Carinara

Carinara,

Does Germany follow Daylight Saving time? Does this happen to coincide with the start of that? IF it does, you simply have sever jet lag. I am still struggling with the time change here. I takes a "normal" body three weeks to adapt, for us? who knows.

Allergies will make you tired also. Ah spring! All that poetry about birds and flowers had to be written by someone without pollen allergies!

I get that way when I have to be up early in the morning.

For a while there I was okay with my morning shift. I did it for about 7 years?

Where I had to be up at 5 three days a week and every other weekend.

For right now for whatever reason I find if I cannot sleep in it's like I'm shot for the day.

Just tired and fatigued.

I think my Mom is the same way. She has to sleep in and then she just goes like a mad woman all day long but she needs her sleep.

Without it I just have a hangover feeling all day.

Hi Carinara-

Out of curiosity, WHICH H-1 are you taking. My son was recently put on an MCAD regimen and he had an extreme reaction to zyrtec (not sure what it's called in Germany.) I spoke to his ped & apparently there is a small segment of the population that experiences a seriously sedating effect with zyrtec. I recently heard someone else refer to it as : lobotomizing. Mack adamantly refused to take it again & spent much of his Christmas holiday in bed recovering.

He was switched to claritin, which he takes at night (just to be safe,) and he's had no problems with it. Your particular H-1 may be contributing to your fatigue and thereby worsening your symptoms. Just a thought.

Hugs-

Julie

My allergies are bad this spring and I've had more fatigue...it's noticeable and annoying! I can feel myself pushing myself more. For me, I've had POTS long enough to know allergy flares make POTS worse.

I did hear about Zyrtec making a very small segment of the population drowsy - my PCP had me take it at night when I first switched. It doesn't make me tired at all, but it's a known symptom for some.

I'm not a good napper, either. Never have been. A nap is rarely helpful for me. :)

I hope you can figure out what's making things worse for you and you improve really soon!

Interesting about the zyrtec. I felt great on it for 3 days and then started getting soooo tired. Kept thinking it couldn't be that since it's a "non-drowsy" formula, but felt better when my allergist switched me to Alegra.

Thank you all for your replies.

Germany does follow the Daylight saving time. The clocks were changed last sunday. That day i went to bed 1 hour earlier and slept in as well. The tiredness started a few weeks ago but it was also very bad this week so i cant really say if the time change contributed to it this past week. I don't suffer from pollen allergies thank god.

When i first started with an H1 blocker back in october last year i talked to my doctor about trying zyrtec , i have read a lot about zyrtec on dinet and thought that it might be the best choice for me ( i am very sensitive when it comes to taking medication). I took it for a few days but had to stop it because it gave me bad side effects. I tried Telfast (60mg Fexofenadinhydrochlorid) straight after it and felt much better on it. I started it back in october 2009. I noticed a little tiredness back then but nothing major like right now.The only thing i have changed in the last 4-6 weeks is that i started to drink gatorade every day.

carinara