Still Trudging Along On The Mestinon

babettess

Well I made it through the first week of taking 7.5 mg of Mestinon. I am nauseated for about 2 hours everytime I take it, but its not horrible. I read that the nausea usually takes a week or so to calm down. I am taking it with food. I am supposed to increase my dose next week. I'm wondering if the nausea will go away and then come back as soon as I up the dose. My next 3 weeks are crazy for me and I need to feel the best I can. I might just hold off uping the dose until after my life calms down and I can deal with the nausea. ( That is if it even goes away. I tried Zoloft for 5 months and was nauseated every single time I took it. )

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Babette

I started my Mestinon 40 days ago, at 30mg twice a day, then increased it a week later to 60mg twice a day. 10 days ago it was upped to 60mg three times a day.

I hope for you that I'm not typical but I still become very nauseous about an hour after taking it and that lasts for about two hours. Sorry.

I can't attribute it exclusively to the Mestinon, I'm sure it's a combination of that and Midodrine and the other meds, but lately some strange things are happening. Now when I stand up, instead of my heart rate rising from 65 to 120 and increasing, it still goes up from 60 to 110 but then drops into the 80's and stays there. It has helped the tachycardia but not the headaches or dizziness though. And this strange drop only happens between 90 minutes and three hours after taking the meds, when the effect is strongest.

I'm not sure yet if the benefits outweigh the nausea, but it's not terrible so I'm still trying.

I didn't get nauseous from it but, bloating is a real problem and it irritates my IBS. THE HEADACHES, are something that are part of my life. Worse when a new pots med is introduced. I don't have many choices allergic to bblockers, (we have tried them all). Had to stop florinef, midodrine, and ibuprofen.

I take mestinon, cardizem cd, and clonidine. I do take companzine for nausa, as I'm sick after eating. ; P

Bellamia~

Hi... not sure yet how I am doing. My IBS was bad when I started and I am still having problems with that. I can't say if I am better or not on it. I am wondering what some of these drugs are supposed to do anyway?

I did sleep on a slant and woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible migrane. Again I wonder why docs say to do that when it does not seem to work for anyone.

I hope you get positive results with the Mestinon...I just don't know what to think about it right now... best wishes... keep us posted!