Holter Monitor Results

gertie

I got the results from my 24 hr HM test. If I remember correctly dr said I had 3 SVT's in 24 hrs, several Pac's & my pulse stayed between 60 & 70 night & day. He mentioned palp's & premature beats which may be the same thing. Is this similar to what your test have shown? Dr didn't think I needed any meds at this time. thanks.

Hm, no. My results were very different. Were you being tested for POTS or OH? Or something else?

My test showed some premature beats and some possible arrythmias that were harmless - my doctor didn't talk much about this so I don't really remember the details.

What they were more concerned with was that my daytime heart-rate changed dramatically - from 55 - 145 - depending on what I was doing (when I stood up in the morning to brush my teeth it was 145, for example, when I was sitting watching TV it was 55, etc). Also, my sleeping heart rate was between 38 - 50, and there was a big jump in heart rate between when I was sleeping/lying down and when I first got up in the morning. My doctor said that that large jump between sleeping and first getting up was a "hallmark" of POTS.

My results were more like the previous poster's. Some harmless arrhythmias, but mostly sinus tachycardia. My heart rate was as low as 55, but as high as 160. I also kept a symptom's journal for the doctor and when my heart rate was increased, that's when I'd report shortness of breath and dizziness etc. Of course that's when I was standing... <_<