Allergies

Hi Everyone,

I have never had big allergy problems before, we've moved to a state where I'm told by the locals that everyone has terrible sinus/allergy problems, Spring especially. I'm feeling really woozy, headache, eyes itchy, etc....allergy symptoms, and am wondering what everyone here takes for allergy symptoms. I am so ultra sensitive to all meds- just curious what your experiences are with these....Thanks for any input you can offer.

Have a peaceful day.

Tommy

I also have terrible allergies. I do not take meds for them. I use neilmed sinus rinse. I also don't open the windows in my bedroom at certain times of the year. I will bathe and have my husband shower before I get in bed. I cannot say enough about the sinus rinse. It is not expensive and it is easy to use. I used to get ear and sinus infections all of the time. Now they are pretty rare. Feel free to PM me if you need more info and I will look it up for you-feel better.

I have horrible allergies almost year-round, and I used to take Allegra-D for them. The 'D' form is for 'decongestant', and won't make you sleepy. I've tried Singulair, but had no luck. I'd like to go back on Allegra, but now with so many antihistamines over the counter, it's hard to get. I do take Benadryl, one tablet, if it's particularly bad. I keep the windows closed in the house and the car, and don't let the cat in the bedroom. I dust every week, and we take off our shoes at the door. There are many things you can do to limit your exposure to allergens, including air purifiers, if you can't tolerate antihistamines. For me, the combination of Benadryl and being careful works.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it takes me so long, but I just wanted to thank you all for you input.

I have a Neti Pot for sinus rinses, but I just have to get in the habit of using it. I hope it helps me as well as it does ya'll. I hate adding even an aspirin to the mix.

Kayjay- do you use saline for yours?

Thanks again for being here.

Tommy

I've always had bad hayfever, but since coming down with POTS I notice debilitating fatigue whenever my allergies kick in. Claritin makes me drowsy and feeling dry, benadryl gives me nightmares and makes me sleepy and dry. Zyrtec has been a lifesaver. I take it every day with NO side effects. You could probably even break the tablet in half or quarters if you're leery of having strange reactions to it. Finally, I get the zyrtec at Costco (generic ranitidine) for cheap.