Chemical Sensitivity

gertie

I've had MCS for several years but now that I'm a senior I'm getting more worried about my brain (or non brain) issues. I went to outpatient care yesterday for holter monitor. I had no problem finding my way out after the tech finished with me. Today I went back to same place, got exposed to cigarette smoke & perfume on the way in & the tech must have taken a bath in perfume. After they removed my monitor & I started to leave for a split second I felt disoriented, nothing looked familiar, & I almost panicked but kept calm & realized where to go. Then DH went in another store & when he got in car he smelled like scented candles. I came home washed my hair, changed clothes but I still have a headache & feel kind of weird. I do have seizures & for a moment I thought maybe that was what was about to happen.

Does anyone have these memory issues? I had hoped I would get over this MCS after I got older but it's only worse. I tired of having to live like a hermit to survive. Thanks.

I've had MCS for several years but now that I'm a senior I'm getting more worried about my brain (or non brain) issues. I went to outpatient care yesterday for holter monitor. I had no problem finding my way out after the tech finished with me. Today I went back to same place, got exposed to cigarette smoke & perfume on the way in & the tech must have taken a bath in perfume. After they removed my monitor & I started to leave for a split second I felt disoriented, nothing looked familiar, & I almost panicked but kept calm & realized where to go. Then DH went in another store & when he got in car he smelled like scented candles. I came home washed my hair, changed clothes but I still have a headache & feel kind of weird. I do have seizures & for a moment I thought maybe that was what was about to happen.

Does anyone have these memory issues? I had hoped I would get over this MCS after I got older but it's only worse. I tired of having to live like a hermit to survive. Thanks.

How frightening, Alicia. I'n only 47 y/o, but I've had those moments of complete and total panic when I don't know where I am. They happen on my "beaten path" -regularly traveled roads. Terrifying. They only last a few seconds, but feel like eternity.

I've never associated one with MCS, but that makes sense. My symptoms were awful after I cleaned my car mats with an oil based cleaner. My episodes occurred more often then. You are most certainly not alone.

Hugs-

Julie