Anyone Have Seizures

gertie

I had my first seizure in approx 2 yrs last night. Is it possible that an EKG could trigger a seizure? I was shocked when it happened. I haven't taken seizure meds for over a year & don't have a neuro. Do Holter moniters have any electrical output that would cause a seizure? I'm due to get one this a.m. I'm still shakey from the seizure last night. Thanks.

Alicia,

You'll need to ask your doctor, but I don't think that an EKG or a Holter Monitor would have anything to do with a seizure. What was it like? Have you had them before? If you've had them in the past, I assume you're predisposed to them...

Good luck,

Jana

Thanks Jana, I think the seizure was probably brought on by the stress of nearly two weeks of almost constant heart arrythmias. Then when I had my EKG & dr told me everything was perfect & my heart didn't skip a beat I was in disbelief. I ask the tech when I got my Holter monitor if there was a possibility it could cause seizure & they didn't think so. It only has 2 AA batteries so it wouldn't be any more than a tv remote.