Wine Helps My Symptoms

mvdula

Well, I think at the onset of my POTS, I could not drink. Now, however, if I have enough wine, and I don't mean drunk - I mean buzzed - maybe, very buzzed; I feel relaxed and don't have symptoms - I can do more w/o the pounding heart/exhaustion/episodes. This is the same effect Klonopin has on me; but my catecholamines are normal. Any thoughts?

Well do you think that it just calms down your nervous system so that you can function?

I am getting the strong impression that I am doing this to myself (not intentional)

But I went into a full blown panic attack one day when it felt like my throat closed up on me I know this also can be anxiety, my heart was really flipping flopping around skipping beats like it would stop i ended up curled up in a ball on the floor on the verge of dialing 911-had taken a Xanax and totally started relax.

I realized the only time I do this is when I get myself all worked up. That the anxiety was causing the flip flop not something wrong with my body.

Now I will say I have a hair trigger to that anxiety it goes from a 0-10 in 3 seconds.

But since I told myself to just stay calm I haven't had another episode quite like that one.

Now I do still have what I would call activity intolerance.

I'm working on this one. On staying calm with activity pacing myself and knowing my limit.

But when taking a Xanax I've noticed it seems my ability increases, all that weird feeling goes away and I feel good, and I even got an appetite and felt like I could eat. Where as most of the time, I don't really feel an appetite and force myself to eat.

My guess is you are calming your nervous system down so that it's not overreacting with the wine.

lieze