Implantable Loop Recorder

Hi everyone. I haven't been on for quite along time. I was woundering if any one has ever had an inplantable loop recorder. I'm suprised my cardiologist never had me where one. I've been passing out on and off for 9 years. I was diagnosed with POTS back in 03. I haven't had any luck with doctors here. It's weard my symptoms will improve for months at a time..then one morning I wake up and my whole life changes again. Anyone ealse go back and forth with symptoms. Sometimes I just feel like they are missing something. Would it be weard to ask for one? I was thinking about asking my reg doc about it on Thursday along with a new cardiologist. lol

What is an implantable loop recorder? Is it anything like a pace maker... I am wondering if it is something I should ask my doctors about!

Hi everyone. I haven't been on for quite along time. I was woundering if any one has ever had an inplantable loop recorder. I'm suprised my cardiologist never had me where one. I've been passing out on and off for 9 years. I was diagnosed with POTS back in 03. I haven't had any luck with doctors here. It's weard my symptoms will improve for months at a time..then one morning I wake up and my whole life changes again. Anyone ealse go back and forth with symptoms. Sometimes I just feel like they are missing something. Would it be weard to ask for one? I was thinking about asking my reg doc about it on Thursday along with a new cardiologist. lol

have had one - during pregnancy - well, was put in during pg...local anesthetic. didn't catch anything but lots of PVCs.ugh. but (this was before i was DX w/ POTS) they would always say when they took the reading, when do you exercise. I would say, I don't, but I have 3 kids. So I guess we just laughed off the high (I think like lots of 160s) high heart rate....

I have one in. It cost a small fortune. Fairly non invasive. I had some ugly V-tach runs when in the hospital and I pass out as well. It picks up all the life threatening rhythms automatically but when I faint it will record back 2 minutes prior to when I hit the button. My problem has been it usually takes longer for me to get to my clicker to push the button so it's been hard to catch the actual moment. Make sure your insurance will cover it though. It was quite expensive.

Brye