Computer Screen Causes Strange Sensations

carinara

I noticed lately that it is almost not possible for me to look at my computer screen because about 80% of the time i get really sick with it. We have got 3 laptops and a netbook at home and it doesnt matter which one i use after about 15 minutes i get something what feels like a migrane aura but without the headache. I dont really know how to describe it well. the inside of my head feels strange and i get nervous somehow, my mind feels different than usual. Noises seem much louder then and they feel as if they would go direct through my brain it almost hurts somehow. I also notice that a metallic kind of sound like our netbook or my cell phone also create similar symptoms.I also notice that i see blue spots from time to time afterwards even hours later. Its also strange, that these symptoms dont go away when i get off the computer they almost grow stronger and they stopp sometimes after hours. I also have a computer at work were i have no problems like that at all. I remember about 12 years ago when i had my first computer i always felt very sick as well so that i had to lay down every other minute or wrote with eyes closed. It feels to me as if the computer screen cause some neurological problems in my head i dont really know how to describe them better, i just feel so strange with it and i have noticed that crying does relief the symptoms a bit. Any ideas? My partner just bought me a nice little netbook i can take with me anywhere, i really love it but i cant stand looking at the screen even though we set it into the darkest screen level possible. I tried to wear my sunglasses today to see if it feels better but i couldnt see much with them on so i just didnt bother anymore. I write this post with my cell phone at the moment because i don't want to look at any computers anymore today because i can still feel strange in my head from about 3 hours ago. Any ideas what this could be? Like i said before, i have no problem with the computer at work.

Thanks a lot for your help

carinara

I get the same way. If I'm online too long, I start getting lightheaded and my head just feels weird..Almost like it's hard for me to focus and feel normal. When I'm already having a hard time with dizziness, even replying to a text is hard. I'm not sure what causes it exactly because sometimes it doesn't bother me at all and other times I can't even be on for 10 minutes. Along with POTS, I've also been diagnosed with vestibular/basilar type migraines. So I think it might just be a combination of those.

I couldnt look at the computer when I first got sick. The screen would look like it was moving in waves or was jumping around and I wouldnt be able to focus on it, my palms would just start dripping with sweat and I would would just feel...strange. I cant think of a better way to describe it - not quite light headed, not dizzy, but more like an overwhelming feeling of "I've got to go and lye down" would overcome me.

Although in saying that, this was when I first got sick and before I knew what was happening to me, so it may have just been because of the fact that I was upright.