Supine And Standing Epinephrine And Norepinephrine Levels Test - Has Anyone Had It?

iheartcats

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also have a question to ask that I'm hoping somebody wouldnt mind answering for me:

What is the difference between Norepinephrine and plain Adrenaline?

I ask because my TTT showed that I actually had NO increase in Norepinephrine on standing, but a hugely abnormal increase in Adrenaline on standing. Would this be considered Hyper POTS?

just reading the thread and wanted to ask:

is Supine And Standing Epinephrine And Norepinephrine Levels Test something that all potsy people should have?

im kinda concerned as im very jumpy and shaky and also have nausea and difficulty staying asleep and cannot sleep during the day for the life of me!!!

and also with the cymbalta.... is this good or bad for people with the hyper type of pots?

My personal experience with cymbalta is just that a personal experience so I hesitate to declare it a bad drug. Many people on here do take cymbalta and are helped by it. Going back to my experience when I was on it I did feel a little better and told people it had helped but what I found out was that my going into dry heaves several times a day was a side effect from too much norepinephrine. I still get the dry heaves but not nearly as much and usually when standing too long or upset. The worst part of cymbalta was withdrawal.

I think that they should test for norepiniphrine levels before prescribing it to sort out those whose levels will be made too high. I have been looking for a definite answer to what high norepiniphrine levels do to the body and mind but haven't found a whole lot. One study showed that high levels cause aggression and violence and so can falling levels which is why withdrawal can be a problem for some. Others say it effects the heart but they don't define how it effects it or what levels are considered dangerous except that it raises heart rate and blood pressure.