Sad Scared And Overwhelmed...

Well, today I was already feeling overwhelmed...my son has had some problems in school and financially we are strapped...bla bla bla.

So I get the mail and now they have closed my disability case...they said the doctor didn't comment on my status so they closed the case. The fact is that the doctor's assistant said she couldn't comment or release me and I would have to be evaluated by the doctor at the next visit.

This just iht me like a ton of bricks. I started crying and crying. I hate being broke. I hate struggling. I hate being sick. But mostly i hate having to prove I am sick. It feels hard lately. Believe me if I was well enough to work I would be doing it!! I would love to work...I hate sitting on the couch day after day.

I told one of my ffriends and she basically said "we all have problems"...I wanted to hit her as she walked off in her high heels after her active 12 hour day.

I need to pray pray pray that God helps me get reinstated on that disability insurance. We barely make it on that and I can't even imagine trying to work......................just looking for support and good thoughts...and prayers that I get put back on.

Thanks...

Erika

Oh Erika

I am so so sorry. I can feel your frustration from here. I have been dealing with the same things for the last year and it is exhausting and so sad that these companies can just cut you off on a whim. I don't know how these people can live with themselves.

Anyway my benefits were cut off a year ago without any warning (although they claim they sent me several notices - they did NOT) saying they did not receive info from my doctor. My doctor was pretty pissed as well and called the case manager and reamed him out and sent in the records they needed. They ended up reinstating me so hopefully the same will be true for you.

Since that time they decided to cut me off again and I'm now going through a lengthy appeal process and it does seem very unfair that they can do this whenever they want. And I totally understand how hard it is to try to prove you are disabled. And needing the $$$ so badly. I feel like it's never going to end...

I'm so sorry. It IS so frustrating to have to prove that you are sick. And it seems that the sicker you get, the more difficult it is to get the help you need although you need it more as you get sicker. Can you see your doctor soon and get him to fill out the necessary paperwork? Maybe his office can help you appeal the recent decision?

Well, today I was already feeling overwhelmed...my son has had some problems in school and financially we are strapped...bla bla bla.

So I get the mail and now they have closed my disability case...they said the doctor didn't comment on my status so they closed the case. The fact is that the doctor's assistant said she couldn't comment or release me and I would have to be evaluated by the doctor at the next visit.

This just iht me like a ton of bricks. I started crying and crying. I hate being broke. I hate struggling. I hate being sick. But mostly i hate having to prove I am sick. It feels hard lately. Believe me if I was well enough to work I would be doing it!! I would love to work...I hate sitting on the couch day after day.

I told one of my ffriends and she basically said "we all have problems"...I wanted to hit her as she walked off in her high heels after her active 12 hour day.

I need to pray pray pray that God helps me get reinstated on that disability insurance. We barely make it on that and I can't even imagine trying to work......................just looking for support and good thoughts...and prayers that I get put back on.

Thanks...

Erika

I believe that prayer is the best gift you can give someone so I will pray for you Erika. Please keep us updated!

KC

Sending you an electronic hug from Ireland. Hang in there. Keep fighting. In Ireland we have a saying that 50% of people dont care about your problems, that 40% are glad you have them and 10% really care and want to share. Find your 10% and ignore the rest. I feel for you as I am going through something like this myself. Chin up x

Hanging in there in Orlando! Still a bit freaked but I am making the calls necesssary to try to get reinstated. No word yet...on a positive note I had one girl friend drop by $100...I was both mortified and deeply touched! We are financially strapped but I don't need to start borrowing $$ quite yet.

Thank you for all your support...Erika

I am so sorry about you getting dropped from disability... I have seen many other people here get very frustrated over the process and it's only many years later, with the help of lawyers (who, of course, help themselves to a percentage of it) that they are able to get it. These are those who are genuinuly sick, either with Lupus, Fibromyalgia, or any other invisable but very debilitating disorder. Of course they won't get approved because of those who abuse the system, who go to a psychiatrist who proclaims that they are depressed (not that depression can't be debilitating... it's just some who fake the symptoms just to get a check), and they get approved the first go around. I get frustrated just watching it.... I can't even begin to imagine your frustration going through it.

I'm adding my prayers to KC's prayers. I'll remember you at Mass this weekend and light a candle for you.

Ericka

Erika,

WHEN I GET SAD, SCARED, AND OVERWHELMED, it's time to, "Let Go and Let God." Everything has a way of working out.

Bellamia~

Hi Erika,

I wish I could say something to help, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. Are you applying for disability through your work or the government? I know it is hard, but try to find that strength to trust in God and just believe that somehow it will work out.

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!

~ Broken_Shell :)

Do you have a lawyer? I hired a lawyer to help me through my court date, and she was terrific. Yes, she did get a percent of the settlement, but I am also waiting for my backpay check to show up, and it's a good deal of money when you've been waiting so long. Is this federal disability? If so, please consider the lawyer - no money up front, and you owe nothing but some small fees for copying/mailing to the lawyer if you do lose. Remember: You can always appeal!

Fight for what's yours! There are ways of working with the system.

Please keep us up to date on what's going on.

Thanks all! Your support is so wonderful!!

It is long-term disability through my job. My doctors office has already called the 20 year old girl who closed the case and she is speaking with her manager and will get back to me. No word yet...

I am calmed down today but it is difficult as everything is such an effort...I just get too tired to fight sometimes...I would love to work..

I will get a lawyer if they don't reopen it .... it blows my mind if that they can close it with the dropo of a hat...without a thought how they might be impacting the life of someone who is comprised to begin with..............

Still praying in Orlando!!

Erika

Guest tearose

Unfortunately this is one of those areas you must be firm in your committment to yourself. Fight for yourself. Find support in people who know you and will encourage to fight the fight for what you need. It is very hard, to be made to explain every aspect of the struggle and to describe all you go through to manage to live somewhat normally...but you must. No one else will push for you first. You must be strong and get things moving.

with support,

tearose

Hi Erica.I wish there was a magic wand to turn all those idiots into frogs....or even better give them POTS for a couple of months.Then perhaps they would finally realise what we're going through.I've seen so many doctors and talked to so many people but noone understands.They start all this psychological nonsense about psychosomatic stress and changing your lifestyle.Obviously for most people Dysautonomia is still unknown and until the day that everyone is aware we'll have to give everyday fights with doctors,welfare,friends etc.

If you are strong enough to deal with POTS I am sure you can find the strength to claim your rights.

Big hug of encouragement from Greece.

Elena

I'm sorry things are so rough for you. Hang in there sweetie.

None of it is worth living in fear about, take it all one day, one paper at a time. You'll be fine sweet Erika. You can control your destiny, as you are a strong woman.

xxx's

bellamia~