Waxing And Waning

Hi..

I just wanted to compare notes...I hear a lot of waxing and waning of POTS symptoms. However, I pretty much have consistent days. I wake up and can be movng somewhat for about 5 - 6 hours...then I need to recline and be quiet for at least 2 -3 hours....then I can go for a few more hours. Somedays are a little better some a little worse...but I am ill everyday....consistently.

Anyone else?

Erika

I was pretty consistant with my symptoms... pretty much yours to a T, but then I had knee surgery this past November, and everything has gone haywire. Some days are like pre-surgery, where I have a few fairly decent hours, but I have to do alot of resting in between activites.... other days, I can barely get out of bed to even use the bathroom or eat. Since I've been on metoprolol, I think that my symptoms have gotten somewhat worse, especially the pre-syncope. The meds works on the tachycardia, but aparently nothing else, so I feel even more faint when I stand.

Metoprolol is the first bb that I've tried... actually I was just diagnosed with POTS officially just a little over 2 weeks ago. I've tried taking it different times of the day, but I still have the extreme exhaustion, and extreme insomnia (for about 3 days in a row, and then I'll just crash for 2 days). I am unsure when my next appointment is, but I know it's sometime the second week of Feb. If I'm feeling no better by then, I'll ask my cardiologist to change the med.

My symptoms seem to come and go. Lately they're pretty bad..but they were like this about 2 months ago for about a month straight. Then I was good for a few weeks and was able to go here and there and do what I wanted. Now it's back to the bad days for now. So it really seems to come and go a lot with me. I've only tried two medications so far (Pindolol and FlorineF) and they haven't helped. I plan on calling the doctor today to say nothing has changed, so I'm hoping eventually something will work to make my good days more consistent.