Brain Fog/dizziness

icesktr189

for the past couple weeks i have had severe brain fog and dizziness with the POTS attacks. i am a wreck and feel like im going to be like this forever. I know that being 8 months pregnant is making it worse, but i heard most of you saying that after birth it gets even worse. im just feeling horrible and feel even worse because im not looking forward to birth because of this. i cant enjoy the pregnancy and i just want to stop feeling like this. i feel like im going crazy and nothing is helping..

any ideas :(

I have no ideas on how to help the brain fog or dizziness except using tons of sticky notes to help you remember what you need to remember.... or some other note taking system. I feel for you, because I've been having such horrible brain fog episodes myself, and I hope that yours get better ASAP! I'll keep you in my prayers.

for the past couple weeks i have had severe brain fog and dizziness with the POTS attacks. i am a wreck and feel like im going to be like this forever. I know that being 8 months pregnant is making it worse, but i heard most of you saying that after birth it gets even worse. im just feeling horrible and feel even worse because im not looking forward to birth because of this. i cant enjoy the pregnancy and i just want to stop feeling like this. i feel like im going crazy and nothing is helping..

any ideas :)

Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy, or the last month at least! Nobody knows for sure how you will feel afterwards. You may feel better! Once the baby comes, the love and joy you feel for her/him, will override your symptoms for sure, at least for a little while. I've heard both sides, and some women do feel better!

Try to stay positive, your baby will need you to be positive. And you'll be lying down at lot at first anyway. That will help everything.

I just went to see my doctor (Dr. Grubb) yesterday and I specifically asked him about brain fog. He suggested fish oil. NOT the capsules but the real fish oil...I guess it is liquid and has to be refridgerated because it goes bad in a couple of weeks per the doctor. I am going to go pick some up today. I would check with your doctor first though since you are pregnant...I don't think it would have any adverse side effects to the baby but check first! I hope that helps :)

Good luck and enjoy your last month of pregnancy :)

Last 2 mos of pregnancy were hardest for me. I know it is really hard and frustrating to feel poorly. Try to relax and rest (very good for you and your baby) and realize this is a temporary situation and soon you will have your little one in your arms. Post partum may be hard time physically too, but as has been said, also a joyful, hopeful time. Your baby will not need you to be up and running around. Your baby will need your love and comfort more than anything. I think you have every reason to hope that you are going to recover and feel better in the months to come. Try to hold on to that very realistic hope.

thanks for the replies.. i really need the encouragement :blink: i think i just have a lot of anxiety too because im also 20 and really nervous about being a parent!

i will definitely ask my ob about the fish oil! did he say how that works? i mean if that could take a ounce of brain fog away that would be a miracle! please let me know how you respond to it :)

Hi Dani

I am not sure there is a miracle cure out there. The reason you have the brain fog is likely due to POTS which is likely due to reduced blood flow to the brain. Anyway, yes, talk to your dr about it. Omega-3s are good for you and your baby regardless and I believe they now recommend that pregnant and lactating women eat food rich in omega-3's for baby's brain development. An issue with fish oil can be heavy metal content, which babies will be sensitive to. There is also flaxseed oil which is rich in omega-3 without the concern about mercury, etc. I would get advice from your physician as you plan to!

I think the anxiety you are feeling is very normal--at any age!

Hopefully you have a good support network to help you and your baby through the next year.

Best wishes!