Hyper, Hyper, Sensitive Vagus Nerve

smiles

Help! !!!! Just spent 11 days in the hosp. with docs treating the symptoms. Nothing helped till I moved to a liquid diet. Now I'm trying to gradually work up to pureed foods, puddings, yogurt , mashed foods....and again having flare ups again.

Any suggestions? What do I do. I am already on ativan, detrol LA, GABA, an occasional cyclobenzaprine and just began Lamictal to help control it. Lamictal isn't in my system enough yet to see if it will helpl

DR. suggested a nursing home 2 weeks ago. I about had a cow!!! And so did my family. They are willing to do what it takes to take care of me at home but this is getting ridiculous!!

Had an episode after a BM that took 6 mg. of oral liquid ativan, a GABA 750mg. and a 1/4 cyclobenzoprine to get it stoped. It was my second flare up today, and worst episode since I've been home from hosp. (came home Wed. p.m.).

Please, anyone help me!!!!!

Don't know if this may help but just throwing it out there. When I first got dx'd, my POTS docs suggested I compliment his treatment with cranial osteopathy. On my first exam withe the osteopath, he mentions that my vagus nerve was a mess and that would be where he would begin treatments. Went to him faithfully for over a year, in addition to my regular POTS doc, and most of my symptoms are now greatly reduced. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm really sorry I don't know of anything that will help you right now, but wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you're going through this scary, miserable time. Take all the support you can through your family, the forum, and anywhere else you can get it. Take good care of yourself. I'll include you in my thoughts and prayers.