Ready For My Labotomy!

I am about to give myself a labotomy to get rid of this headache! With a spoon! It has been at 7-8 on the pain scale and constant for 11 straight days now! Migraine meds don't work on this headache and tylenol won't touch it. NSAIDs are out. The whole left side of my head just hurts! I don't know what to do. It wakes me. Some nights I can't sleep because of it. I can't read, work, go into a brightly lit room, bend over, walk fast.........I'm cold. I'm miserable. I'm stuck. :blink:

I am with Erica although I would be tempted to wait until monday if your nearby hospital is not very good (Holiday weekend).

I started Lyrica about 2 months ago and it gradually made my headaches better. I didn't take it this noon and now have a 5-6 head ache. Maybe it is something you could try.

If you tap your under your eyes and pain is there it might be sinus. The worst head ache I ever had (migraine) I thought was sinus because it was in the front of my head.

I hope you feel better soon. I know this is horrible!

No, it isn't a sinus infection. It is left sided and in all the same places as my chronic daily headache (behind eye, inside ear, back of head, radiating towards the temple.) It is the same blasted headache I've been complaining about for three years, just more intense than usual. I think it is Klonopin tolerance.

Guest tearose

Have you tried applying pressure to your skull? Really, like an acupressure type pressure. Then do gentle massage.

Do you think your vessels are too loose or too constricted? Have you tried a strong cup of coffee?

Once, after a serious stress test at Mayo Clinic where I really pushed the envelope...I wound up several hours later with your kind of headache but I could not function at all!!! I did go to the ER where they gave me an IV to deal with it and within three hours I was better enough to leave.

Please try everything EXCEPT the lobotomy!!!

What a bummer! Did I see you say something on another post about being on hormone replacement now? I know when my estrogen/progesterone balance is off it seems to trigger these AWFUL 1 sided headaches where none of my normal migraine meds will touch them. Even in the hospital once with one and nothing they could give me helped.

Have you tried migrinal?

you can only get 8 viles a month.

Only thing that works for the same pain for me.

I have to pick and choose which days are the worse for me and use it wisely.

((((((HUGS))))))))

I feel for you may your pain be gone when you read this.

Bellamia~