Bp

tilly

Does anyone know what are the ranges for blood pressures .... what is considered high and what low .... I have fluctuations ranging from high 195/110 .. and the lowest has been 98/55.... is that to low .... what is considered to be to high and to low .....

I have noticed just lately I am having a lot of lows ... but it may be normal ... just wondering .. also I have been having dizzyspells.....does high and low BP cause dizziness ?

I just finish my cardiopulmonary class so I can tell you what the currents ranges are

SBP 120-139 pre-hypertension DBP 80-89

140-159 stage 1 hypertension 90-99

160+ stage 2 hypertension 100+

Low bloodpressure can depend on the person. I read that when your brain loses 20% of its bloodflow you pass out as a safety mechanism ie to get you on the floor so blood gets back to your brain. I have a friend whose resting pressure is 85/60 and she feels fine where as if my pressure is that low I'm a half sec away from falling to the floor. Low blood pressure is defined by the symptoms a person experiences and not actual numbers typically.

Low BP is usually considered anything under 90/60, but as PinP wrote, it's not too much of a problem if you're not symptomatic. My BP can get down to about 65-70/55, but I feel pretty horrible at that pressure.

Cheers,

Jana