Natural Supplements

prettyinpink

Before I was diagnosed I took all kinds of suppliments- coQ10, b-12, I can't even remember them all.

Now that I am on meds I really don't want to mix too much. I take a multi, iron, vit D, fish oil, and emergenC and baby asprin.

it is too hard to know what helps but I will say for years when I was trying everything to help me... nothing worked.

I know now I need to have the drugs

My son has been taking Licorice Root - INSTEAD of Florinef. It helped him a great deal for a few months. Now I think he has acclimated to it or something...it doesn't seem to be helping much anymore. I want to put him on a Licorice Root vacation for a few months and then try again, but he doesn't want to stop taking it. We'll see...

Yeah for 6 years licorice root was a godsend - it worked wonders for me not only over time but it always seemed to instantly boost me out of the mid morning slump. Unfortunately with my last relapse licorice would actually make my jitteriness and trembling worse.

Ive also tried GABA with equivocal results, Kava which was quite good, fish oil which I found can be helpful at night to help relax and had the most success with butcher's broom - it was absolutely fantastic for about a week - like the best Ive felt since I was a kid which made me realise that perhaps Id had POTS for longer than I realised - but I grew tolerant to it quite quickly and then went backwards rather than forwards relapse wise.