Beta Blocker - Once Or Twice A Day?

Stormie74

My cardio added an evening dose of my beta blocker (Metoprolol) to my regimine, but now I feel like my bp and heart rate are too low. I feel like I'm dragging all the time. Is anyone else having problems like this?

Caron

My cardio added an evening dose of my beta blocker (Metoprolol) to my regimine, but now I feel like my bp and heart rate are too low. I feel like I'm dragging all the time. Is anyone else having problems like this?

Caron

I think we learn our bodies best. I would give it a few days or even a week to see if you get used to it, but I think you will know. I could not tolerate beta blocker that I am on twice a day because it kept me awake. After 3 bad nights of no sleep when I had been sleeping pretty well with Restoril I knew it was the med. Beta blockers are famous for making one feel dragging as you put it.

I really think the best thing to do is to get a blood pressure cuff and keep track at home. This is so helpful for doctors. Your body does adjust after some time but there are so many beta blockesr they may be a better one for you. I am in nadolol once a day a bedtime. But I have been on many others. This one is the best for me.

I take mine two to three times a day (depending on when I get up and all that), but it's a low dose. I take Propranonol and really like it.

I guess if this one isn't working great for you, you can talk to your doctor to adjust the dose? And you always can try a different one there are so many available?

It does take a bit to adjust to one, I noticed, but mine has REALLY helped me.