Feeling Worse

I am feeling horrible again. I slept 12 hours yesterday and almost did it again today. I'm missing out on things I'm supposed to be attending. I feel like I've hit rock bottom again. I'm trying to fight back so I made an exercise chart and looked up some old recipes that suit my diet. Hopefully with a little effort I'll start to break through this and feel better.

I am so glad I've got this site. Knowing you all go through the same things is the best support ever.

I'm going in for my first MRI in 2 days. I've got the usual feelings we get for a new test. I really don't expect anything to be found because 99.9% of the 10 billion tests I've done have been normal, but it would be nice if they found something that could be treated or at least have a name put to it. It would be most awesome if they found something that doctors have heard of!

Previous to my official diagnosis I, like most, had doctors suggest that I get treated for anxiety. If treatment for anxiety can wipe out all my symptoms sign me up!! I'll be the first in line for hard core inpatient treatment!

My sympathies and complete understanding. I've gotten to the point of almost firing all but the absolutely necessary doctors. I don't want anymore tests anyway; they all show up either perfectly normal or completely screwed up and the doctor just says "Gee, that's weird...no clue!" If it takes 12 hours of sleep a day to be as functional as you can be, do it. You know your body best and what you need. I would also welcome "commitment" if it would cure me: just think, three meals a day, no dishes, no responsibility, no cleaning and hours of "therapy!"

YOU know it isn't in your head! I know people with anxiety disorder that don't have these extreme physical symptoms. Sit on the bottom for a while and gather your strength, vent away...I'll turn up the fan! ;)

I can totally relate. I can't stand being up for too long, so I end up heading to bed around 5 pm, where I'll reading until about 6:30 and turn out the light. Usually I'm asleep by 7, and I get up the next morning around 6 am. Of course, I don't sleep solidly for that long..I get about 5 hours of 'good' sleep, and then toss and turn the rest of the night. And this is on sleep meds. Ugh. What we all wouldn't give for a solid 9 or 10 hours!

I've been feeling more down lately, too, so I certainly am commiserating with you. I hope you're feeling better soon. This disease seems to have it's ups and downs, so hopefully an 'up' is right around the corner!

Cheers,

Jana

I can totally relate and glad you felt you could vent. If you are anything like me when I feel bad it is hard to think that tomorrow may be better. I understand and wish I could wave my "magic wand" for all of us to have a cure and feel better. So sorry you are feeling worse and hope it will pass for you to have some good hours or good days. I feel like I spend half my life in bed now too.Blessings and hugs to you!

My symptoms have had a major turn for the worse since May, and I totally relate to feeling frustrated and helpless. I too, would love a simple, recognizable diagnoses of something easily treated. Thank God for the refuge of these message boards, so we have at least one place where we are understood!

Sandy

My MRI was fun (like being in a space ship). The techs were super nice and even gave me a blanket. Unfortunately once I got home my temp had dropped to 94.1 and I've had no appetite and have been seriously nauseous for hours. I've got a date in 2 hours and have to figure out what food or meds will make me functional enough to make it. Thanks all for your support. I hope I get an upswing soon.