Update On Surgery And Dr. Grubb's Consult

arizona girl

Hi every one my colon resection went beautifully. Don't know why I had such mortality issues before hand. My counselor says in was due to the violation of trust between me and that Dr Dirty who molested me during my exam last spring. It made me feel unsafe with all my medical care as a result. Since, the surgery went so well, that is helping me to overcome the violation. Though we all still need to vigilant of our surroundings and speak up with the doctors we let work with us. The funny thing is that I did speak up to this doctor about exposing me, he made me feel stupid, and then went on to criminally exam me. FYI for those that don't know he was arrested two months later for feeling up another patient who felt extreme when waking up from the pace maker procedure he had just done on her. After the arrest hit the news, 17 more women came forward, including me and he was arrested again for the new charges. Oh his name was Dr. Richard Jay Lewis, EP cardiologist, he also saw patients in New York, Chicago and Colorado, hopefully none of you that live in those states had the ordeal of having him as your doctor. The good news is that I am healing!

I can't say enough wonderful things about my surgeon Dr. Cereneka, he is very good at what he does. I was out of the hospital in 4.5 days and was able to drive a week after. Laproscopic surgery is amazing and stunning how quickly you can recover from it. Of course they were all worried before my surgery because of the autonomic stuff, but since they knew ahead of time and Dr. Grubb had put me on the labetalol, they were able to control those issues during surgery. My incisions are so small and just beautiful, I think they will eventually just fade away. I can't tell you all enough how much better I feel. That part of my colon was really making me sick on top of the Pots. Right before surgery my white blood count was back up to 19,000, so I had gotten another infection again, even though I'd been on a double course of antibiotics a few weeks before. Three days after surgery it finally went down to normal. We are still going to keep an eye on it to make sure the infection was from my colon and not something else. I haven't had a fever though since the surgery, so keep your fingers crossed. Not to be graphic, but I'm like OMG is this what it's like to go to the bathroom normal :(.

I finally got a copy of my consultant notes from Dr. Grubb. In it he is saying that I have perrifial (sp?) autonomic neuropathy most likely from the hyperandregenic form of POTS. He wants my doctor to do the postural catecolomine testing. Jeez I can' spell today! :) So, I think we finally have the proper diagnosis down. I'm going to have to fight for the IVIG, my insurance United Health Care has denied it saying it is experimental for my diagnosis. It is actually FDA approved for polyneuropathy, so I wondering what is the difference?

Inspite of that I'm not going to let it take away from my happiness of recovering from a sick colon. I am so happy and god has been so good to me!!!! :D

YAY! I'm so glad you have a better working Colon. How nice it must be to have that old gut discomfort relieved.

It sounds like you have a good surgeon, and that Dr. Grubb has been a big blessing in all this too. ;)

I have colon problems too, and wish I had bowels that worked. Too many diverticuli (3/4 of colon), and I don't know how I'm not worse off. I'm lucky to go twice a week. Sorry, I know this is graphic--- :o . I know how sick of it you must have been. I'm supposed to get a virtual colonoscopy done due to risks with the conventional, but my PCP was waiting for insurance approval.

I hope you continue to feel better, and I'm praying the infection was caused by your colon and you won't be dealing with that anymore.

Nothing worse then a bloated uncomfortable belly daily. Feeling this way on top of everything else is really awful to say the least.

I'm glad to hear Dr. Dirty has been caught, and I hope he's never able to do that again. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and I'm glad you have had a good expereince to help you build your trust again with Docs.

HUGS to you.

Maxine :0)