Hitting The 'wall'

potsgirl

Greetings All~

Does anyone else have a problem with staying up past late afternoon? I used to be able to stay up until about 7:30, sometimes 8, and then all of a sudden I'd get tremendously tired and have to go to bed right away. Not to sleep, always, but to go and at least lay down and read for an hour before sleeping. I've noticed now that the time is creeping up earlier, and it's getting alarming. I get up at 6 am, sometimes lay down for an hour to read after lunch, but now this wall of tiredness is hitting me around 3:30 - 4:30 or so. I just have to lie down! I can read up until about 6, but then it's off to sleep. Not good sleep, either - tossing/turning, up to use the bathroom.

I have recently gone off .5 Xanax and upped my Klonopin from .25 to .75. My doctor told me that the two are 'equal' drugs and that .5 of one equals .5 of the other. The earlier bedtime hit about a month before I switched meds, though. Anybody else? (I haven't been able to tolerate Midodrine or Florinef.) I know most of you feel better at night, and I'm missing out on too much of my life!

Thanks,

Jana

Jana -

Weel my dear...hmmmm. I don't really relate as I don't get real tired...I just get ill and need to lay flat. I don't really rest/sleep well and feel like I need to sleep much at all. I just can't be up moving around!! But I can appreciate that limit of your life believe me. I am usually down from about 2 - 6 everyday but if I lay down and drink and don't move much I can't be up and moving some at night.

Anyway...just differnet limits...you may want to look again at your meds. Napping may help as you indicated. After Guillain Barre I could not stay awake in the afternoons at all...but lo and behold...it got better....but it took years. and there were times it was worse than others as well.

Good luck.

Erika

I hit the wall at around that time too and of course that's right when afternoon naps are ending and kids are coming home from school. It helps me a lot to take a 1-2 hour afternoon nap to get the through the eve!! Good luck!

Brye

Ahh . . . the wall! This drives me nuts. I am a college student, so I have a lot of work to do at home and because of my class schedule this means afternoons and evenings. I hit that wall about 4:30 where I just get so tired I can't think. Then sometimes about two hours later I will be able to focus, but no matter what I am completely done by 8 o'clock. I can stay up later, but not function later. I need to learn to just take that time off and not work, but it is so hard when you have deadlines pressing and you lose hours a day. Also, when I was cooking for my fiance (we aren't together anymore) I would start during that "bad" time. It got to the point where I was burning myself and the food and cutting myself everyday. I just can't function. Sometimes using the microwave is too much. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It is driving me nuts because I always felt better in the morning. Now I am not feeling well in the morning or afternoon or evening. I get maybe an hour a two a day that I am feeling okay, and a couple every week or two when I feel like a human being again.

Potsgirl,

Ialso get very tired in the afternoon. I am able to take a one to two hour nap in the afternoon, that way I am able to function in the evening. On the days I don't nap I have a more difficult time in the evenings. I can't get to sleep before 11:00 but usually sleep, not very restful, until 8:00 the next morning. I'm sorry not much help. I usually fall asleep in the afternoon listening to music and my two dogs snoring maybe that's the key.

Maggie