Carinara And Others Histamine Sensitivity

futurehope

When I looked up histamine sensitivity and foods to avoid, I noticed that I already KNEW that I reacted to some of those foods, but I had no idea why.

I knew:

I did not do well with meats over 1 day old (i.e. leftovers)

strawberries

chocolate

fermented foods

canned tuna

You have all helped me put a name to something I intuitively knew about myself:I have histamine sensitivity.

Thanks for mentioning it (in the shellfish thread) and thanks for his forum.

I got a list of foods to avoid and I may try it. Maybe my POTS will improve since histamine dilates blood vessels?

Iam so glad, that my post helped you a little. I also have a list of foods which doesnt do me any good. Up until 3 days ago, i thought its only because of carbs dilating my blood vessels but since prawns had a much worse effect on me, i was totally clueless. Thanks to firewatchers respond, i searched the internet about histamine and iam sure that i have a problem along these lines as well. So lets say THANKS TO FIREWATCHER for letting us know about the Histamin in foods.

Carinara

Lots of folks with MCAD are on a low histamine diet. It seems to help some. For the most part, what I eat doesn't seem to have a big impact on me or, maybe I should say, I know myself so well I know what to avoid :)

Julie

Iam so glad, that my post helped you a little. I also have a list of foods which doesnt do me any good. Up until 3 days ago, i thought its only because of carbs dilating my blood vessels but since prawns had a much worse effect on me, i was totally clueless. Thanks to firewatchers respond, i searched the internet about histamine and iam sure that i have a problem along these lines as well. So lets say THANKS TO FIREWATCHER for letting us know about the Histamin in foods.

Carinara

You are very welcome. We are all here to help each other. The collective knowledge here is incredible! I found the food/histamine connection when I was looking into treating my previously untreatable migraines; the low histamine diet is almost identical to the anti-migraine diet. I am glad that I could help. :)