Lifting Arms Above Head

carinara

Hello everybody, i know that raising the arms above the head causes problems for many of us. I have noticed lately, that its easier for me to lift my right arm because the symptoms dont kick in as quick as they do if i lift my left arm. I have also noticed that its easier for me to carry something with my right arm instead of my left one. I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? Can anybody explain that to me? I figured that since the heart is on the left side it must be easier to pump the blood back into the left arm, but somehow the opposite happens. Thanks alot for your input.

carinara

Hi,

I dont have an explanation as to why this is happening to you, but I do experience something similar. Lifting my right arm above my head causes more symptoms for me than lifting my left.

However, during a crash when my body is overcome with that 'whole body fatigue / I'm as heavy as lead' feeling, I find that my left arm will feel weaker in general...until I lift them over my head and the right arm 'wins'.

Just curious...Are you right or left-handed? It seems my stronger arm when up (by just a tiny amount) is my left, and I'm left-handed. I'm sure this probably has no real bearing, but it's interesting...