Electromagnetic Fields (emfs)

daisy

I recently posted about the intense head pressure/internal dizziness I often get and was wondering if it could be silent migraines. It is believed I have the hyper form of POTS but my bp and heartrate also plummet so it seems I fall somewhere in between. I have another theory though I am curious about.

Potsy people are often very sensitive to light triggers, noise triggers, etc. I wonder if we are sensitive to EMFs. I have noticed that when I sit at the computer for awhile, I will often start getting the head pressure. I will also quickly get it in a large store like Walmart where there are flourescent lights and high electrical fields. When I sit too long, my blood does pool (evidenced by the blue feet and legs) but bp does not always drop. Anyway, since our computer screens, TV sets, clock radios, stoves, fridges, etc. can give off EMFs, I wonder if we are sensitive to those? EMFs can cause headaches, muscle aches, fibromyalgia, neurological issues, etc. The everyday EMFs in our household electrical devices may not bother most people but we might be very affected by them. My computer is in the kitchen with my stove, fridge and other applicances, all of which are giving off EMFs.

I am thinking I might get one of the EMF detectors. I remember about 15 years ago when we first moved into the house, we were concerned about a substation nearby. We borrowed a detector from a friend and that station was giving off less EMFs than my kitchen applicances (because the substation was too far away). Anyway, has anyone ever considered this or heard of a connection or had issues with this?

Thanks.

Hi Daisy.. this is really interesting. I can see how it would be possible, but the only personal experience I have to contribute to it is the fact that EVERY time I go into a department store, my sympathetic nervous system seems to take over. I sweat, get palpitations, and sometimes get incontinent (bowel and urinary.) I can only attribute this to sympathetic nervous system stimulation which could be due to magnetic fields/lighting/sound or something like that?

Janey

I did a conference presentation on EMF and "prudent avoidance" way back in the 80's and we used an EMF meter at our office when we initially designed computer workstations. Most computers today have those flat screen monitors ... there is almost nothing coming from them by way of EMF. Those transformers on your laptop power charger are another issue. High end laser printers can also give off a good amount of EMF ... so for people who have their back up against a printer all day .... they may want to consider a different configuration. Things like an electric alarm clock at the head of your bed or an electric blanket are also things folks may want to rethink.

I think the big concern these days are the cell phones. We used our EMF tester with everyone's cell phone around the office and it was amazing at the difference between them. One brand, that two of our guys had, use to spike really high just before an incoming call. It make them both OPT not to carry the cellphone in their pocket any longer.

The CDC has a document on EMF and several new reports and recommendations.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/EMF/

• 11 years later...
On 8/26/2009 at 6:08 PM, daisy said:

I recently posted about the intense head pressure/internal dizziness I often get and was wondering if it could be silent migraines. It is believed I have the hyper form of POTS but my bp and heartrate also plummet so it seems I fall somewhere in between. I have another theory though I am curious about.

Potsy people are often very sensitive to light triggers, noise triggers, etc. I wonder if we are sensitive to EMFs. I have noticed that when I sit at the computer for awhile, I will often start getting the head pressure. I will also quickly get it in a large store like Walmart where there are flourescent lights and high electrical fields. When I sit too long, my blood does pool (evidenced by the blue feet and legs) but bp does not always drop. Anyway, since our computer screens, TV sets, clock radios, stoves, fridges, etc. can give off EMFs, I wonder if we are sensitive to those? EMFs can cause headaches, muscle aches, fibromyalgia, neurological issues, etc. The everyday EMFs in our household electrical devices may not bother most people but we might be very affected by them. My computer is in the kitchen with my stove, fridge and other applicances, all of which are giving off EMFs.

I am thinking I might get one of the EMF detectors. I remember about 15 years ago when we first moved into the house, we were concerned about a substation nearby. We borrowed a detector from a friend and that station was giving off less EMFs than my kitchen applicances (because the substation was too far away). Anyway, has anyone ever considered this or heard of a connection or had issues with this?

Thanks.

Yes. I developed dysautonomia, tachykardia, small fibers neuropathy, mast cells activation syndrome and breathing problems to name a few.