Beta Blockers Causing Headaches??

Kyler

I hate to keep posting on here but the only thing on the web says that BB's Help headaches.

My son has only ever had headaches with postural changes that go away shortly after standing. -Thank God. BUT...

Ever since he started taking a BB's 2 weeks ago he has had a headache every day - just a mild one each day and it goes away with tylenol but annoying all the same. His midodrine has never caused anything but goosebumps.

Is this normal? The side effects sheet didn't mention this and niether does the internet??

I have come to realize that POTs patients respond differently so have any of you had this problem?

The only thing I can come up with is going from a constant standing HR of 160 down to 120 could feel different to his brain but his BP is better when standing now - sometimes borderline High - almost the same as sitting now - yay!!

Sorry to keep bugging you guys.

My sincere Thanks, Serena

Hi Serena,

I was taking a BB a couple of years ago for a heart problem, but had to stop taking them due to the nasty headaches they gave me. Since a lot of us here are very sensitive to meds, it's not unusual that we may have a side effect that isn't "common" or written about on some of the health/drug sites. They also usually don't list all of the side effects, either. You may want to let your son's doctor know, and maybe a smaller dose or a different BB might help.

Cheers,

Jana